How to get back installed softwares from crashed Windows 7

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I have installed win7 in C drive. But all my essential softwares are installed in D drive. Now my windows is crashed so need to format it. Is there any software or any tips by which i dont need to re install my softwares which are installed in drive D after formating windows 7.
Actually the files of those softwares will not be formated. only the registry files will be deleted. so is there any process by which i can run those softwares after reinstalling the windows 7.????

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
Some of them may still work without being reinstalled. Others will refuse to work.

For the ones that work, just create shortcuts to the exe's either on your desktop or in a folder on your desktop, depending on how you prefer it.

For the ones that refuse, they are going to need to be reinstalled.

The only way I know of testing them is to open the folder on D where they are installed, and go folder to folder for each program and double click on the executable for that program. If the program starts, right click on the exe and send to desktop. Might want to make note of the ones that don't work so you can download them again, or install from disk again if installed that way originally.

And I recommend unplugging your other drive(if you have 2 physical drives and not 2 partitions on 1) when you install windows again. Then once its installed turn the system off and plug it back in.

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

Yah i was telling about this price_th.... If i backup the whole registry before formating my win7 and run that backup file after reinstalling win7 will i get all the softwares as it was??? I have photoshop, dreamweaver and this type of softwares. Do you know by restoring the current registries work great??? are you familiar with this? Please repy price_th