RedDude87

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
Hi

I have an XFX Radeon 4850 1gb ddr3 card. The card works fine with all drivers upto 11.9
But when i try to install newer drivers (12.xx) the monitor just freezes with white colour and the card's fan starts making a loud noise.

I'm running 64-bit Win7 sp1. I've tried everything I can possibly do, but the same thing keeps happening.

I have all the directx, dotnetfx, vc, vb runtimes and everything. I also have all the latest drivers installed for the chipset and stuff.

My config is:
AMD Athlon II X2 240
ASUS M3N78-EM
2GB DDR2 RAM
Corsair CX500W PSU

I think the same issue was solved in here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/327955-33-major-issues-update-4850
But the best answer directs to a thread at the AMD forums, which says ERROR: Sorry, we were unable to locate the object requested. Error Code: 102

Help

It seems that thread indicates the fix was to reload the os. I would suggest,
click start and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter
this will open device manager, expand the display adapter section right click on youre 4840 and select uninstall. next lick on scan for hardware changes (up on the top its a computer icon) and it will find and re-install it (hope fully with an updated driver if not try to download the new one from the link below)

64 bit