austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Okay, so my father has given me 120$ to upgrade my PC after cleaning all 300 feet of gutter we have around the house :D

My question is, what should I get?

My options:

Another GTX460 for SLI
A soundcard + fans + individually sleeved cabling - 24pin, 8 pin, and pcie
New speaker setup (My right speaker went out :sweat: )
Corsair H60i + new case fans + individually sleeved cabling - 24pin, 8 pin, and pcie
Another 8GB's of RAM (for a total of 16GB) + new case fans + individually sleeved cabling - 24pin, 8 pin, and pcie
A 120GB SSD

Some relevant info:

Core i5 2300 (Stock fan)
Biostar TZ77 xe3
8 GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz
GTX460 1GB 256bit
Antec NeoPower 650w
320GB 5600RPM WD Caviar Blue

My side question:

If I get another 460, with a 650w Antec PSU handle what I have?

Solution
I'd be inclined to say SSD, but if your speakers are broken, surely that's what you need? $90 SSD and speakers seems like a smart move. I agree with above comments that sound card and excessive RAM quantity are not so beneficial.

MichaelSP

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Depends a bit on what you want to do. If you want better graphics performance hence better gaming, go for another GPU. If you want to listen to music a lot through speakers, get them and if you want faster performance (ie: file moving, program/OS opening) get the SSD. Soundcards are probably not the best idea especially with only one speaker as integrated it till fairly high quality. :) Hope this helps

I'd be inclined to say SSD, but if your speakers are broken, surely that's what you need? $90 SSD and speakers seems like a smart move. I agree with above comments that sound card and excessive RAM quantity are not so beneficial.

Solution