Sign in with
Your question

Palit or EVGA GTX 660

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 28, 2012 3:53:27 PM

So I'm looking to build a pc within the next month hopefully and the last component I am yet to decide on is the graphics card. I have decided that I want a GTX 660 but I'm not sure which one of the two cards I want. The EVGA one or the Palit one. The Palit card is £165 on dabs.co.uk which is £11 pounds cheaper than the EVGA one. Is there a big difference between these two cards ???

Thanks, David.

More about : palit evga gtx 660

a b U Graphics card
September 28, 2012 3:55:40 PM

Definitely the EVGA.
September 28, 2012 7:44:44 PM

Thanks, I knew the EVGA card was better but I wasn't sure if the extra tenner was worth it :p 
Related resources
a c 105 U Graphics card
September 28, 2012 8:08:42 PM

evga was the way to go for me. almost every nvidia card i purchased was evga. unfortunately they did away with the lifetime warranty so I found no need to stick with them. I would never buy another palit card as long as I live. I would buy a gigabyte card or a galaxy card. think they are the 2 coolest running for the money. And have had zero problems with either.
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 28, 2012 9:15:43 PM

Nowt wrong with Palit cards, mine are still going strong and so are my mates 8800GT's.
a b U Graphics card
September 28, 2012 9:28:01 PM

Daboydman said:
Would you consider the MSI card to be better than the EVGA card?

Yes, better components, runs cooler, quitier.... worth going that extra £5.....

Palit cards are fine, so are EVGA (I have 2), but all things considered MSI are the ones to go for....
September 29, 2012 3:21:12 PM

Right thanks guys, you've been a good help. I should be ordering parts in roughly 2-3 weeks :) 
October 14, 2012 12:07:18 PM

Hate to bump old topics but my budget is going to be pretty tight I think. So I'm trying so save as much money as I can wherever I can. How big is the frame rate difference between the Palit card and EVGA card? If it's only a couple of frames then I'll just go with the Palit but if it's 5+ then EVGA it is.
a b U Graphics card
October 14, 2012 12:56:21 PM

The only thing that will make a difference in fps is if it is a factory overclocked card...

Shouldnt make much of a difference though as any of those cards will be able to achieve a typical factory oc anyway.

!