Recommend graphics card for me plz

HK

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
(GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
the myriad choices. The system specs are:

P4-3Gig
Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
1 Gig DDR RAM

Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
recommendations?

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:06:09 -0400, HK <nospam@yaya.ski> wrote:

>Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
>(GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
>the myriad choices. The system specs are:
>
>P4-3Gig
>Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
>1 Gig DDR RAM
>
>Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
>recommendations?

Geforce 6800 (although the 256 meg ver is getting a bit from your
range).

HK wrote:
> Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
> (GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
> the myriad choices. The system specs are:
>
> P4-3Gig
> Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
> 1 Gig DDR RAM
>
> Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
> recommendations?

GForce 6600GT w. 256 Mb, or perhaps a GForce 6800 w. 128 mb.

regards,

Achtung Ecco

go for the 6600GT or see if you can find a cheap x800pro

"HK" <nospam@yaya.ski> wrote in message
> Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
> (GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
> the myriad choices. The system specs are:
>
> P4-3Gig
> Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
> 1 Gig DDR RAM
>
> Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
> recommendations?

Mike

Splendid

HK wrote:
> Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
> (GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
> the myriad choices. The system specs are:
>
> P4-3Gig
> Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
> 1 Gig DDR RAM
>
> Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
> recommendations?
Little over 200

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814150102

Mike
mls1968

HK

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

Found a couple of used boards a bit over my price range but do-able.

X800Pro or BFG 6800GT OC

Which is better? Are they overkill for a P4 3.0Ghz system - ie. is my
processor a bottleneck?