Recommend graphics card for me plz

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 23, 2005 9:06:09 PM

Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
(GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
the myriad choices. The system specs are:

P4-3Gig
Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
1 Gig DDR RAM

Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
recommendations?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 23, 2005 9:06:10 PM

5950 ultra (256mb) 6600 nvidia all good.....

--
jackw89

[image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/JACKS...]
[image:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/Orion...]
:cool:
jackw89's Profile: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/member.php?userid=10
View this thread: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=912
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2005 1:26:16 AM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:06:09 -0400, HK <nospam@yaya.ski> wrote:

>Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
>(GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
>the myriad choices. The system specs are:
>
>P4-3Gig
>Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
>1 Gig DDR RAM
>
>Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
>recommendations?

Geforce 6800 (although the 256 meg ver is getting a bit from your
range).
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2005 4:00:34 AM

HK wrote:
> Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
> (GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
> the myriad choices. The system specs are:
>
> P4-3Gig
> Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
> 1 Gig DDR RAM
>
> Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
> recommendations?

GForce 6600GT w. 256 Mb, or perhaps a GForce 6800 w. 128 mb.

regards,

Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2005 3:10:32 PM

go for the 6600GT or see if you can find a cheap x800pro

"HK" <nospam@yaya.ski> wrote in message
> Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
> (GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
> the myriad choices. The system specs are:
>
> P4-3Gig
> Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
> 1 Gig DDR RAM
>
> Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
> recommendations?
June 25, 2005 5:47:07 PM

HK wrote:
> Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
> (GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
> the myriad choices. The system specs are:
>
> P4-3Gig
> Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
> 1 Gig DDR RAM
>
> Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
> recommendations?
Little over 200

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E1681...

Mike
mls1968
June 25, 2005 6:54:44 PM

Found a couple of used boards a bit over my price range but do-able.

X800Pro or BFG 6800GT OC

Which is better? Are they overkill for a P4 3.0Ghz system - ie. is my
processor a bottleneck?
!