Recommend graphics card for me plz

Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
(GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
the myriad choices. The system specs are:

P4-3Gig
Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
1 Gig DDR RAM

Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
recommendations?
6 answers Last reply
More about recommend graphics card

    5950 ultra (256mb) 6600 nvidia all good.....

    --
    jackw89

    [image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/JACKS.gif]
    [image:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/OrionsBurningMan.gif]
    :cool:
    jackw89's Profile: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/member.php?userid=10
    View this thread: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=912

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:06:09 -0400, HK <nospam@yaya.ski> wrote:

    >Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
    >(GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
    >the myriad choices. The system specs are:
    >
    >P4-3Gig
    >Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
    >1 Gig DDR RAM
    >
    >Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
    >recommendations?

    Geforce 6800 (although the 256 meg ver is getting a bit from your
    range).

    HK wrote:
    > Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
    > (GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
    > the myriad choices. The system specs are:
    >
    > P4-3Gig
    > Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
    > 1 Gig DDR RAM
    >
    > Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
    > recommendations?

    GForce 6600GT w. 256 Mb, or perhaps a GForce 6800 w. 128 mb.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    go for the 6600GT or see if you can find a cheap x800pro

    "HK" <nospam@yaya.ski> wrote in message
    > Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
    > (GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
    > the myriad choices. The system specs are:
    >
    > P4-3Gig
    > Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
    > 1 Gig DDR RAM
    >
    > Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
    > recommendations?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    HK wrote:
    > Made a mistake when I built my system and bought a cheapo graphics card
    > (GeForce4 MX4000). With BF2 out, I need to upgrade but I'm confused by
    > the myriad choices. The system specs are:
    >
    > P4-3Gig
    > Asus P4S800 with AGP slot
    > 1 Gig DDR RAM
    >
    > Cost is an issue. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. Any
    > recommendations?
    Little over 200

    http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814150102

    Mike
    mls1968
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Found a couple of used boards a bit over my price range but do-able.

    X800Pro or BFG 6800GT OC

    Which is better? Are they overkill for a P4 3.0Ghz system - ie. is my
    processor a bottleneck?

Graphics Cards Games Video Games