Gaming Computer - Christmas Savings?

Theloftyraven

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I am trying to find a Computer to tell my family to get me. Yes, my entire family is pitching in on this gift. I'm in hellish need of a new computer, otherwise I'll be computer-less in a few months.

But less about my pitiful self. I want to grab some opinions from you all. I know Prebuilts aren't the go-to for most tech savvy people, but this is the only thing they'll be okay with buying me. Apparently my skills aren't up to par in their eyes (although I did build my brother's computer flawlessly). So I've been going around the entirety of the internet to find a prebuilt that gives my family a bang for their buck.

I'm trying to stay below 600 dollars. Yes, I know that's an insanely low budget for a gaming computer, but I already feel like an arse for asking for a Christmas present that is over a hundred dollars already.

So far, I've found this computer which has intrigued me the most.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4959018&CatId=114

Everything seems to be a-okay. But I'm not as smart as most of the rest of the world.
So here are the questions: :sweat:

1. Do you think this specific prebuilt computer can handle League of Legends and Guild Wars 2? (Hoping for Medium to High settings on LoL and Low->Medium on GW2.)
2. If not, why? (I'd like to know so I can avoid having the same problem.)
3. Do you have any prebuilt suggestions?

To conclude this monstrous thread: Yes. I am looking for a Gaming Computer for the sake of LoL & GW2 (and maybe WoW every so often). I haven't played in almost a year because of a certain problem with my mother's ex.
I'm not looking for the newest Alienware computer, just something that can handle my extremely avid playing (like from dawn till dusk till dawn again).

Your help is HEAVILY appreciated.
Thank you.

Theloftyraven

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

Oh, alright.
Thanks for the input and the link. :eek:
I'll try to persuade the family into this one, then.

Theloftyraven

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

Will having no SSD be a huge burden? (What are the effects of having no SSD?)
And is that computer stronger than the one I linked?
When you say it will "let you play modern games at 720p" what does this mean exactly? Like screen resolution or overall quality of the game (I'm guessing 720p would be about low to medium settings)?

P.S. I've done a lot of research on the parts, and so far all of them have come out pretty fine except one big sore: The PSU.

Apparently, the PSU is extremely weak and has a bad reputation of destroying the parts connected to it.
But that's not an issue. I don't mind replacing it at all, even if I have to wait. I just want to know what might be a good PSU replacement?