6230 long life battery

Hi Guys

Just bought a 6230 and need to know where I can get a super dooper long life
battery for the 6230.I don't find the one supplied lasts very long when playing
around with the phone.

Thanks
SD
12 answers Last reply
More about 6230 long life battery

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 01:38:37 -0600, sammyD <sdnone@none.com> wrote:

    >Hi Guys
    >
    >Just bought a 6230 and need to know where I can get a super dooper long life
    >battery for the 6230.I don't find the one supplied lasts very long when playing
    >around with the phone.
    >
    >Thanks
    >SD
    Have you tried the N Gage QD BL-6C which has more capacity

    Chris P Bacon

    Chris P Bacon <andy.haigh@XbreatheX.com> wrote:
    >On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 01:38:37 -0600, sammyD <sdnone@none.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Guys
    >>
    >>Just bought a 6230 and need to know where I can get a super dooper long life
    >>battery for the 6230.I don't find the one supplied lasts very long when
    >>playing
    >>around with the phone.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>SD
    >Have you tried the N Gage QD BL-6C which has more capacity
    >

    >Chris P Bacon
    -------------

    Thank you, I shall look into this.
    Stupid question but is this interchangable without causing problems into the
    6230 as its for the NGAGE yes?

    And how much greater capacity has this battery.I hope someone brings out a
    longer life one soon for the 6230.

    Anyway
    Thanks
    sammyD

    >Thank you, I shall look into this.
    >Stupid question but is this interchangable without causing problems into the
    >6230 as its for the NGAGE yes?
    >
    >And how much greater capacity has this battery.I hope someone brings out a
    >longer life one soon for the 6230.
    >
    >Anyway
    >Thanks
    >sammyD

    Its a straight forward swap. I think it has around 200mAHrs more
    capacity. Check Nokia's site - Nokia, Phones, Enhancments, Power,
    Battteries
    BL-5C at 850 mAh compared to BL-6C at 1070mAh

    Chris P Bacon

    Chris P Bacon <andy.haigh@XbreatheX.com> wrote:

    >>Thank you, I shall look into this.
    >>Stupid question but is this interchangable without causing problems into the
    >>6230 as its for the NGAGE yes?
    >>
    >>And how much greater capacity has this battery.I hope someone brings out a
    >>longer life one soon for the 6230.
    >>
    >>Anyway
    >>Thanks
    >>sammyD
    >>
    >Its a straight forward swap. I think it has around 200mAHrs more
    >capacity. Check Nokia's site - Nokia, Phones, Enhancments, Power,
    >Battteries
    >BL-5C at 850 mAh compared to BL-6C at 1070mAh
    >

    >Chris P Bacon
    -----------

    Hey thanks for the help.

    I shall certainly give that battery a try after the holiday is over.

    Regards
    sammyD

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, at 01:38:37 [GMT -0600] (18:38:37 Wednesday, 22
    December 2004 where I live) "sammyD" wrote:

    > Just bought a 6230 and need to know where I can get a super dooper long life
    > battery for the 6230.I don't find the one supplied lasts very long when playing
    > around with the phone.

    Did you follow the instructions in the manual re charging / discharging the
    battery when new?

    --
    We are Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be approximated.

    John Phillips<flatulentdingo@deadspam.com> wrote:

    >On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, at 01:38:37 [GMT -0600] (18:38:37 Wednesday, 22
    >December 2004 where I live) "sammyD" wrote:
    >
    >> Just bought a 6230 and need to know where I can get a super dooper long life
    >> battery for the 6230.I don't find the one supplied lasts very long when
    >>playing
    >> around with the phone.
    >
    >Did you follow the instructions in the manual re charging / discharging the
    >battery when new?
    >
    >--
    >We are Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be approximated.

    ------
    Hi

    Yes I did. In fact the saleskid who had one in the shop said to leave it on
    12-15 hours (which I did) yet the manual actually only says 1.5 hours.

    I think the main problem is the amount I have been using it.ie continuously
    practising with images, texts and phone calls.As well as connecting it up to
    the computer et al.So its clearly a me problem but I still feel the battery is
    inadequate for the phone, but Im not an expert.

    Thanks
    sammyD

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, at 15:59:41 [GMT -0600] (08:59:41 Saturday, 25 December
    2004 where I live) "sammyD" wrote:

    > Yes I did. In fact the saleskid who had one in the shop said to leave it on
    > 12-15 hours (which I did) yet the manual actually only says 1.5 hours.

    Four hours is sufficient, but you should have (maybe you did?) fully
    discharge & recharge at least three times, to get ultimate battery use.

    --
    There are two things on earth that are universal: hydrogen and stupidity.

    John Phillips wrote:

    > Four hours is sufficient, but you should have (maybe you did?) fully
    > discharge & recharge at least three times, to get ultimate battery use.

    How do you fully discharge?

    I tried to discharge by leving the radio on over night. In the morning,
    the phone was off, but I wonder if the battery gets completely drained
    this way.

    I have noticed, that when the battery gets low, the phone refuses to
    start non-essential functions, like Radio or MP3 player. That's
    actually a good idea, I think.

    But could it be that the phone shuts off prematurely when the battery
    gets low while a non-essential function is running? This would leave me
    with a low, but not a completely drained battery.

    Comments?

    John Phillips wrote:

    > Four hours is sufficient...

    Well, after less than two hours, the phone obviously stops the charging
    process, as the animated charge bar disappears. I hav always
    interpreted this as the phone's smart way to avoid battery damage
    (overcharging).

    If this interpretation is correct, what difference would it make to
    leave the phone on the charger for four or more hours?

    On Sat, 25 Dec 2004, at 12:37:05 [GMT +0100] (22:37:05 Saturday, 25 December
    2004 where I live) "Greg N." wrote:

    > But could it be that the phone shuts off prematurely when the battery
    > gets low while a non-essential function is running? This would leave me
    > with a low, but not a completely drained battery.

    Just start the phone again in this condition, run whatever until it stops
    and shuts down. After a few times the phone will not even start, in which
    case the battery is then fully discharged.

    On Sat, 25 Dec 2004, at 12:41:54 [GMT +0100] (22:41:54 Saturday, 25 December
    2004 where I live) "Greg N." wrote:

    > Well, after less than two hours, the phone obviously stops the charging
    > process, as the animated charge bar disappears. I hav always
    > interpreted this as the phone's smart way to avoid battery damage
    > (overcharging).

    > If this interpretation is correct, what difference would it make to
    > leave the phone on the charger for four or more hours?

    According to a drone in Nokia service (in Australia) on initial charge the
    battery bar is inaccurate. Battery cannot be overcharged.

    On my old 6310i initial charge was 12 hours, and 24 recommended.

    --
    Women do come with instructions; ask them.

    The other day I read a description how to make a long life rechargeable
    battery for all kind of systems. One can use cheap rechargeable batteries
    and one can make the capacity and the voltage whatever you want. You have to
    use a simular plug of course but as Nokia always uses the same plug, most
    people have one extra available.
    Kind regards

    Jan Wim
    "sammyD" <sdnone@none.com> schreef in bericht
    > Hi Guys
    >
    > Just bought a 6230 and need to know where I can get a super dooper long
    > life
    > battery for the 6230.I don't find the one supplied lasts very long when
    > playing
    > around with the phone.
    >
    > Thanks
    > SD