Windows XP 64-Bit and SATA HDD

July 12, 2004 1:36:02 AM

Hi

I recently downloaded the latest version of Windows XP 64-Bit for my
new PC, but the SATA drivers included on the driver disk are seen as
'corrupted' by the OS install. I'm assuming that this is just a 64/32
bit issue as they work fine for Window XP 32-bit edition. Does anyone
know where I can get a SATA driver for Windows XP 64-Bit?

System:
AMD Athlon 64-Bit 2800+
Gigabyte GA-K8VT800M
Maxtor 160Gb SATA

Many thanks

More about : windows bit sata hdd

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 12, 2004 4:04:54 PM

From the device manufacturer. Drivers are the responsibility of the
hardware manufacturer, even the drivers included with XP are provided by the
manufacturers.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User