Windows XP 64-Bit and SATA HDD

jase

Hi

I recently downloaded the latest version of Windows XP 64-Bit for my
new PC, but the SATA drivers included on the driver disk are seen as
'corrupted' by the OS install. I'm assuming that this is just a 64/32
bit issue as they work fine for Window XP 32-bit edition. Does anyone
know where I can get a SATA driver for Windows XP 64-Bit?

System:
AMD Athlon 64-Bit 2800+
Gigabyte GA-K8VT800M
Maxtor 160Gb SATA

Many thanks

From the device manufacturer. Drivers are the responsibility of the
hardware manufacturer, even the drivers included with XP are provided by the
manufacturers.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Jase" <hi_jase@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I recently downloaded the latest version of Windows XP 64-Bit for my
> new PC, but the SATA drivers included on the driver disk are seen as
> 'corrupted' by the OS install. I'm assuming that this is just a 64/32
> bit issue as they work fine for Window XP 32-bit edition. Does anyone
> know where I can get a SATA driver for Windows XP 64-Bit?
>
> System:
> AMD Athlon 64-Bit 2800+
> Gigabyte GA-K8VT800M
> Maxtor 160Gb SATA