Windows XP 64-Bit and SATA HDD

Hi

I recently downloaded the latest version of Windows XP 64-Bit for my
new PC, but the SATA drivers included on the driver disk are seen as
'corrupted' by the OS install. I'm assuming that this is just a 64/32
bit issue as they work fine for Window XP 32-bit edition. Does anyone
know where I can get a SATA driver for Windows XP 64-Bit?

System:
AMD Athlon 64-Bit 2800+
Gigabyte GA-K8VT800M
Maxtor 160Gb SATA

Many thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about windows sata

    From the device manufacturer. Drivers are the responsibility of the
    hardware manufacturer, even the drivers included with XP are provided by the
    manufacturers.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Jase" <hi_jase@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I recently downloaded the latest version of Windows XP 64-Bit for my
    > new PC, but the SATA drivers included on the driver disk are seen as
    > 'corrupted' by the OS install. I'm assuming that this is just a 64/32
    > bit issue as they work fine for Window XP 32-bit edition. Does anyone
    > know where I can get a SATA driver for Windows XP 64-Bit?
    >
    > System:
    > AMD Athlon 64-Bit 2800+
    > Gigabyte GA-K8VT800M
    > Maxtor 160Gb SATA