His 7950 Crossfire, help.

torabushi

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
I'm having quite an issue with the crossfire, I mean everything seems to work fine till I try to play anything in full screen. I don't know what the problem is and I've tried several things that I've looked up ( including crossfire problems on this site.) Before placing in the second card I had no issue with full screen gaming or bench marking, now I can't do a single thing in full screen.

(I'm not sure how this my help but here are my specs.)
CPU - AMD Phenom 2 x4 (3.4ghz)
CPU Cooler - Thermaltake SpinQ VT
Mobo - Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Graphics cards - 2 His Radeon HD 7950 IceQ
PSU - NZXT Hale90 750W
HDD - Western Digital 7200rpm 500 Gb
Case - Cooler Master HAF XM

Any and all help is appreciated, I'd just like to find the solution to this rather annoying problem.

Things I've tried:
Changing the cards slots
Updating Mobo Bios
Deleting and reinstalling all drivers

Dude496

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
I know this is probably a stupid question, but did you make sure to install the crossfire bridge? Also, did you go into catalyst control center and enable crossfire? Are you using the most up to date CAPS, along with deleting the old CAPS? Do both cards work independently (i.e, card 1 only, then card 2 only and play a game). Did you connect the PCI-E power cables to both cards? Sorry to ask simple questoins, but I prefer to get the simple stuff out first.

torabushi

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
Actually I have not checked if both cards work independently. However I did do all of the above besides the one I mentioned. I'll give that a try and see if anything changes.

torabushi

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
SO I'm back after testing the new card to make sure it worked properly and there seems to be no problems with the new card so individually there is no problems with either card. When placed together though it seems to refuse to play at full screen. Just about anything placed in full screen causes the screen to go black and until I press escape or forcefully turn off the computer.

torabushi

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
I found out what the Problem actually was, though now I'm stuck again seeing as I can't seem to figure out why it's happening. I've turned on my 46" Samsung HDTV and viola the display that was apparently 'missing' appeared; however now I'm faced with why the display will not duplicate when ever a game is accessed or benchmark is stress testing the cards. It will decide to go to which ever is labeled as my Number 1 display, which I changed to the Monitor after realizing it wasn't. However now I'm just irked by the fact that it wont duplicate the display, it's not a major issue anymore but I'd like just a little insight on what can be done to stop these shenanigans.

registerdnow

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Registered just to tell you. Try updating to 12.9b or above. Duplication of 3D applications didn't work for me on 12.7 and 12.8 and after trying everything I just disabled Crossfire because I depend on my TV for sound(which lost signal once I opened a game).

I updated to 12.9b and kept on using it without crossfire, but just now I decided to check whether it makes a difference if I plug in the TV into the other card. Well that makes things worse, it won't even duplicate Windows turning one screen off. Extending works though. I put the cable back into my main card and checked a game just in case and BAM both screens are working in Crossfire mode.

The only other thing I did is I set HDMI audio as my default device and communication device in Control Panel-> Sound (Windows 7)

Here's video proof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swP3u2jZSvc