Need comment on Motorola V600 w/ T-Mobile

Last response: in Brands
December 22, 2004 8:30:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.singular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

or perhaps other? I've got a deal w/ T-Mobile with Motorola V600 free
and $50 money back for 2 year activation? Is it worth it?

V600 not exactly what I'm looking for but need a PDA functionality,MP3,
expansion slot and not too expensive.

Are there better phones(overall) beside V600?

Thanks
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 3:56:44 PM

"Sarah Tanembaum" <sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> V600 not exactly what I'm looking for but need a PDA functionality,MP3,
> expansion slot and not too expensive.

The V600 has PDA functionality and an expansion slot? This is news to me.
Also, it's not an MP3 "player" but it will play MP3s.
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 1:18:47 AM

Sarah Tanembaum wrote:
> or perhaps other? I've got a deal w/ T-Mobile with Motorola V600 free
> and $50 money back for 2 year activation? Is it worth it?
>
> V600 not exactly what I'm looking for but need a PDA functionality,MP3,
> expansion slot and not too expensive.
>
> Are there better phones(overall) beside V600?
>
> Thanks

Let's see... It ain't a Nokia!

--
73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
http://www.aca.gov.au/pls/radcom/client_search.client_l...

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.singular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, at 05:30:15 [GMT -0500] (21:30:15 Wednesday, 22
December 2004 where I live) "Sarah Tanembaum" wrote:

> Are there better phones(overall) beside V600?

Nokia.

The V620 has video capabilities and is an upgrade to the
V600.

--
"Oh, Rick, you'll have to think for BOTH of us!"
December 23, 2004 6:08:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"John Phillips" <flatulentdingo@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, at 05:30:15 [GMT -0500] (21:30:15 Wednesday, 22
> December 2004 where I live) "Sarah Tanembaum" wrote:
>
> > Are there better phones(overall) beside V600?
>
> Nokia.
>
> The V620 has video capabilities and is an upgrade to the
> V600.

Do you mean Nokia 6600 and 6620? If so, T-Mobile only has the 6600, other
carriers have the 6620.

But, although you mention it right after Nokia, I would guess you are
referring to the Motorola V620, an updated version of its V600, the phone
the OP asked about.

But again, T-Mobile only has the V600 (which it got much later than other
carriers), I think another carrier might have the V620 now.

One thing that is not in T-Mobile's favor is phone choice. Cingular/ATTW,
for example, has a much larger, more varied, more updated selection of
phones.

It is rather unfortunate that the carriers, when negotiating with handset
manufacturers who want their product carried, insist on these "exclusive
contracts", where only that carrier is allowed to carry that phone, at least
for some time. T-Mobile has not done the best in those contracts.

Yet, I have a better plan with T-M than I could get with another company, so
I'm sticking with them, although I'm looking for a new phone, and T-Mobile
has much less choice. Phone selection shouldn't be a major factor in
choosing a carrier. (Of course, one can always buy a GSM phone unlocked,
through Ebay, Expansys, or elsewhere, but you'll pay much more (my T-Mo
contract has expired, so I can get the same price on a phone as a new
customer), it won't be covered by warranty, you cannot return it if you
don't like it, etc.)

I'm just waiting and hoping that T-Mobile will get some new choices soon. Of
the current choices, the V600 might also be the one I'd choose, but I'm
waiting to see what else becomes available.

Anyone have any inside info on what phones might be coming to T-Mo USA in
the near future? Someone with contacts in the company, for example?
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 10:31:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, at 18:17:43 [GMT -0800] (13:17:43 Thursday, 23 December
2004 where I live) " MS" wrote:

> One thing that is not in T-Mobile's favor is phone choice. Cingular/ATTW,
> for example, has a much larger, more varied, more updated selection of
> phones.

Maybe for USA, but compared to Europe, Asia, & Australasia, the selection in
the USA is very limited and poor, from what I have seen.

--
Television is democracy at its ugliest.
Anonymous

John Phillips wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, at 18:17:43 [GMT -0800] (13:17:43 Thursday, 23 December
> 2004 where I live) " MS" wrote:
>

>>One thing that is not in T-Mobile's favor is phone choice. Cingular/ATTW,
>>for example, has a much larger, more varied, more updated selection of
>>phones.
>

> Maybe for USA, but compared to Europe, Asia, & Australasia, the selection in
> the USA is very limited and poor, from what I have seen.

The T-Mobile vendor somehow convinced me to get Motorola V600. I just
got it today. From little use of it, one annoying thing is that the
Phonebook features. They do not have feature for multiple phone numbers
for one name, that is if one has number for home, work, and cell, then
you have to enter the name 3 times, one for home, work, and cell.

Samsung seems to have better phonebook features. DARN! Oh well, perhaps
in the features we can download an updated phonebook.

Does anyone know how to connect V600 to computer for backup/recovery?
Does the cable comes with it or do I have to purchase it?

Thanks
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 3:14:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, at 03:52:14 [GMT -0500] (19:52:14 Thursday, 23 December
2004 where I live) "Sarah Tanembaum" wrote:

> They do not have feature for multiple phone numbers
> for one name, that is if one has number for home, work, and cell, then
> you have to enter the name 3 times, one for home, work, and cell.

Beats me why Motorola haven't tidied up their phone book after all these
years and copied Nokia in this respect.

--
Blessed are the censors; they shall inhibit the earth.
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:12:05 -0500, Sarah Tanembaum
<sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I know that I have not enough choice for the T-Mobile, but does anyone
>knows the better alternative phone than V600 that is almost free with
>T-Mobile Service? At least an upgrade of V600.

The Nokia 6010 would be a good choice, or if you need a world phone,
the 3660. The 6010 is free with new activation and rebate, although if
you qualify for an upgrade you will likely get it free as well. The
3660 is $150.
December 25, 2004 3:02:18 AM

> I know that I have not enough choice for the T-Mobile, but does anyone
> knows the better alternative phone than V600 that is almost free with
> T-Mobile Service?

Is that an oxymoron? A "better alternative phone that is almost free"? The
V600 is one of the higher end phones T-Mobile has. One of the "free" or
"almost free" phones are bound to have much less features, etc.

>At least an upgrade of V600.

As I said, there is an updated version of the V600 out now called the V620.
I say "out now", that doesn't mean it is available on T-Mobile. I'm not sure
if it's available from any carrier in the US now. (As someone else wrote,
the US seems to be way behind most of the rest of the world in mobile
phones, I really don't know why. T-Mobile Europe, from what I heard, has a
much better choice of phones than T-Mobile USA.) The V620 is not available
from T-Mobile, and I don't know if it's available from any carrier in the
USA now, although it is in other parts of the world.

Anyone here with any inside info (perhaps works for T-Mo), who could give us
a scoop (anonymously, of course) on what phones are supposed to be coming to
T-Mobile in upcoming months?
!