Several issues with new computer build

ingeborgdot

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
I have built many computers but am having a little bit of a problem with some things and my new one. My new install went great. All programs installed without a hitch. Fast and furious is the way it went to get everything installed. Now, after a week or so I have started having a couple glitches. When I go to install a new program or update it the program just sits there for 4 or 5 minutes before doing anything and then finally starts to do its thing. What could be causing this.
The other issue is that I am trying to do a backup and image clone to get my new system backed up. The problem there is that the windows backup won't see my hard drives. I then tried Norton Ghost and the same thing happened. What is causing this? Thanks.

zdbc13

Distinguished
Sounds like a hard drive problem. I suggest you download the diagnostic software from the drive's manufacturer and check it out thoroughly. You could also enable SMART in your BIOS and use HDTune to check it out. First thing, though, manually back up any important data on an external drive.

ingeborgdot

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
Windows 7 Pro
(2)-ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" Monitor
CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CWCH60) Liquid CPU Cooler
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Z77 Intel Motherboard
Kingston Hyper X Blu 16GB
XFX 7870 Black Edition
Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 Ivy Bridge
High Current Pro HCP-750 750W Certified 80 PLUS GOLD
SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB Solid State Drive