Juggernaut information?

I'm currently running my first Exalted campaign. The PCs are currently
traveling very close to Thorns, and I'm looking for more information on
Mask of Winter's Juggernaut, and on the Bayou of Regret. Does anyone
have any pointers on where I could look? Also, anyone have any good
pointers as to what would be appropriate challenges for a group of
newly-created Solars? So far, I've basically just been picking enemies
at random from the texts and throwing them at the PCs in
random-encounter scenarios. Obviously, this is still part of us just
kicking the tires to find out how the system functions, and I hope to
start moving the focus more to storyline in the near future.

I already have an idea for an underlying conflict (at least for this
first story), but I need some ideas for good chapter-level conflicts.

Finally, does anyone hang out here anymore? It seems like this
newsgroup has become a simple advertisement for EBay auctions...

Mr. Monk Goo wrote:

> I'm currently running my first Exalted campaign. The PCs are currently
> traveling very close to Thorns, and I'm looking for more information on
> Mask of Winter's Juggernaut, and on the Bayou of Regret. Does anyone
> have any pointers on where I could look? Also, anyone have any good
> pointers as to what would be appropriate challenges for a group of
> newly-created Solars? So far, I've basically just been picking enemies
> at random from the texts and throwing them at the PCs in
> random-encounter scenarios. Obviously, this is still part of us just
> kicking the tires to find out how the system functions, and I hope to
> start moving the focus more to storyline in the near future.

> I already have an idea for an underlying conflict (at least for this
> first story), but I need some ideas for good chapter-level conflicts.

I can answer your first question: I believe the only info we've gotten
about Juggernaut is the stuff in the Mask of Winters fiction piece near
the end of Exalted: The Abyssals. It's a dead Behemoth, and it's trying
very hard to reanimate. Mask of Winters mostly stops that from
happening so he can use it as his castle.

> Finally, does anyone hang out here anymore? It seems like this
> newsgroup has become a simple advertisement for EBay auctions...

We have mostly migrated to the forums at http://www.rpg.net/. It's a
neat place, and they love Exalted there; there are people who can answer
your questions better there than here. You'll have to register to post,
but hey, it's free.
--
Stephenls
Geek

Richard Clayton wrote:

> Is there anybody left here save you and me?

Yes, but nobody posts much anymore. Even I post more to RPG.net than here.

I don't plan on leaving alt.games.whitewolf, but I also don't plan on
increasing my posting rate, really.
--
Stephenls
Geek
"You do your arguments no favor by insulting those you ought persuade."
--Greg Stolze, Rites of the Dragon

william

Richard Clayton wrote:

> Stephenls wrote:

>> See you on RPG.net.
>

> Is there anybody left here save you and me?

I lurk, but there's been nothing worth writing about here lately.

William

Stephenls wrote:

> Richard Clayton wrote:
>
>> Is there anybody left here save you and me?
>

> Yes, but nobody posts much anymore. Even I post more to RPG.net than here.
>
> I don't plan on leaving alt.games.whitewolf, but I also don't plan on
> increasing my posting rate, really.

Well, yeah. I'll continue to READ every post as long as I still have
usenet access, but now and then I get an idea to write about and then
think "Eh, why bother? Nobody's going to read it." Then I just tell you
about it in AIM.
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]
Richard Clayton

Richard Clayton wrote:

> Well, yeah. I'll continue to READ every post as long as I still have
> usenet access, but now and then I get an idea to write about and then
> think "Eh, why bother? Nobody's going to read it." Then I just tell you
> about it in AIM.

I wish you didn't dislike forums so much.
--

In article <35j39vF4na0rsU1@individual.net>,
Richard Clayton <reZIGclayZIGton@verizon.net> wrote:

> Stephenls wrote:

> > See you on RPG.net.
>
> Is there anybody left here save you and me?

Yup. 'Tis.

mdf

--
remove 'no junk' to reply

Richard Clayton:
>Stephenls wrote:

>>See you on RPG.net.

>Is there anybody left here save you and me?

Lurkers. I'd post, but I've nothing White Wolf to say at the moment.
--
erith - .sig

In the borning days of the third millennium, Richard Clayton wrote:
>Stephenls wrote:
>> handofomega@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>> See you on RPG.net.
>
> Is there anybody left here save you and me?

I'm here, but I haven't had anything to say lately.

--
Brian Merchant (remove 'remove' and 'example' from email)

Puritanism didn't keep the puritans from sinning, it just kept
them from enjoying it.
--Father Joe Breighner
Country Roads

Richard Clayton wrote:
> Is there anybody left here save you and me?

Still lurking...

Daniel

--

my homepage : http://hd42.de

'Life is wasted on the living' - Zaphod Beeblebrox the Fourth

William wrote:
> Richard Clayton wrote:
>> Stephenls wrote:
>>> See you on RPG.net.
>> Is there anybody left here save you and me?
> I lurk, but there's been nothing worth writing about here lately.
>
> William

Same here. I tend to use Wolfspoor though, but rpg.net is too unfocused
for my tastes. And I still can't use the WW forums, and cannot be
bothered to sort it out...
--
Picks-at-Flies
Save a kill spell to deal with this guy.

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:02:44 -0500, Richard Clayton
<reZIGclayZIGton@verizon.net> wrote:

>> See you on RPG.net.
>
> Is there anybody left here save you and me?
I'm here, even if i'm silent.

For me, rpg.net is far less easy to use that this newsgroups.

Guillaume

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:45:04 -0800, Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>Richard Clayton wrote:
>
>> Well, yeah. I'll continue to READ every post as long as I still have
>> usenet access, but now and then I get an idea to write about and then
>> think "Eh, why bother? Nobody's going to read it." Then I just tell you
>> about it in AIM.
>
>I wish you didn't dislike forums so much.

me too.

I'll read it, Richard.

I'll even try to comment it.

Guillaume

Richard Clayton wrote:

> Is there anybody left here save you and me?

I lurk.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you

*Nine!* This is *nine!* We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead!

In article <35j39vF4na0rsU1@individual.net>, Richard Clayton
<reZIGclayZIGton@verizon.net> wrote:

> Is there anybody left here save you and me?

I'm here. I just posted last week.

--
Tyler

m o c t o d o o h a y t a h c t i v o n i l b

Stephenls wrote:
> Richard Clayton wrote:
>
>> Well, yeah. I'll continue to READ every post as long as I still
>> have usenet access, but now and then I get an idea to write about and
>> then think "Eh, why bother? Nobody's going to read it." Then I just
>> tell you about it in AIM.
>
> I wish you didn't dislike forums so much.

I dislike having no easy way to sort messages I've read from those I've
not.
--

Richard Clayton wrote:

> Stephenls wrote:
>
>> Richard Clayton wrote:
>>
>>> Well, yeah. I'll continue to READ every post as long as I still
>>> have usenet access, but now and then I get an idea to write about and
>>> then think "Eh, why bother? Nobody's going to read it." Then I just
>>> tell you about it in AIM.
>>

>> I wish you didn't dislike forums so much.
>

> I dislike having no easy way to sort messages I've read from those
> I've not.

RPG.net does that.

William

William wrote:

> RPG.net does that.

Mostly.
--

"Richard Clayton" <reZIGclayZIGton@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Is there anybody left here save you and me?

As someone else said,.... lurkers (like me)
With little of the new WoD out there (and w/out me being into Exalted),
there simply isn't much for me to comment on.
I am eagerly awaiting to see what is done w/ the new Werewolf line however.

william

Stephenls wrote:
> William wrote:
>
>> RPG.net does that.
>

> Mostly.

USENET is better about keeping track of reading usually (though I used
to get occasional times when I'd redownload the entire last months of
messages at once), but I'd never use USENET if it was at anywhere near
the volume of traffic that rpg.net gets. I dropped off a lot of usenet
groups for that very reason - active usenet groups become a massive pain
to read, and usenet can't subdivide anywhere near as easily as a webforum.

William

Michael Spagnola schrieb:
> I am eagerly awaiting to see what is done w/ the new Werewolf line however.

If they dont include the Bastet then i wont play it ;)

So Long, The Werelion!

erithromycin <erithromycin@ananzi.co.za> wrote:
: Richard Clayton:
: >Stephenls wrote:

: >>See you on RPG.net.

: >Is there anybody left here save you and me?

: Lurkers. I'd post, but I've nothing White Wolf to say at the moment.
: --
: erith - .sig

Right now I'm a lurker- no WW stuff going on for me right
now. It's really too bad the traffic's all moved to the
forums- while I miss reading and occaisonally chatting about
WW stuff, I really hate the forums. No easy way to sort read
from unread and so very, very slow.
~P.

In article <35lv6dF4kssb3U1@individual.net>, William
<wilit0613@postoffice.uri.edu> wrote:

> Richard Clayton wrote:
> > I dislike having no easy way to sort messages I've read from those
> > I've not.
>
> RPG.net does that.

Badly. Stupid cookies.

Clearly the answer is to initiate an agww renaissance by having dynamite
discussions and then talking them up on forae; "Only on agww!" and so
forth.

--
Tyler

m o c t o d o o h a y t a h c t i v o n i l b

Tyler Dion wrote:
> In article <35lv6dF4kssb3U1@individual.net>, William
> <wilit0613@postoffice.uri.edu> wrote:
>

>>Richard Clayton wrote:
>>
>>> I dislike having no easy way to sort messages I've read from those
>>>I've not.
>>
>>RPG.net does that.
>
> Badly. Stupid cookies.
>
> Clearly the answer is to initiate an agww renaissance by having dynamite
> discussions and then talking them up on forae; "Only on agww!" and so
> forth.

I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
--

Tyler Dion wrote:

> Clearly the answer is to initiate an agww renaissance by having dynamite
> discussions and then talking them up on forae; "Only on agww!" and so
> forth.

I'm now an RPG.net moderator. (As of about half an hour ago, in fact.)
I think it'd be fair to say that any such advertising posts would be
treated as spam and deleted. At the very least, they'd be moved to the
Ads/Promo forum, which was created specifically as a place to move ads
so that nobody would have to look at them. As you can imagine, nobody
bothers to look at the Ads/Promo forum.