Sign in with
Your question

What is the wifi network being used on this computer

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 9, 2011 2:02:02 AM

Hello,
My iPad asks what wireless network are you on.
I am with Brighthouse but don't know where I can find what the proper name of the network is to enter it.
Can anyone help?

More about : wifi network computer

December 9, 2011 5:31:49 AM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Your computer knows. If that is connected wirelessly, hover your mouse over the wireless icon in the bottom right hand corner of the your screen to see the name there. If the computer isn't wireless, use the cable that came with your router to connect to your computer then go Start then Run in XP - or use the Windows key plus R in Vista and Windows 7, then type in the following into the Open box, including all the spaces:-

cmd /k ipconfig /all

then press Enter and from the black form that shows up, take a note of the numeric code beside the Default Gateway icon - something like 192.168.0.1.

Type exit to close the black form.

Open Internet Explorer and enter that code into the URL address bar as though it was a website. You're then at the login page to the router's settings utility and admin will usually be the login with either admin or password as the password but your router's instruction manual will help you there.

If you're in, seek out Wireless and the name of the network - also called the SSID - will be shown in there. You also need to note the security key so you can give it to the iPad.

!