Complete System ~2500 US Questions and Seeking input

I am getting a fairly nice bonus check from work taking a mini vacation and going to update my main computer which brings up some questions, and this post I have a Max Budget of 2500 I will be running Win 7 64Bit U
I play Diablo 3/Eq2/Eq/ Bl2/AC3/Video Rendering, clean up and reconstructions and Special effects. (I use several GPU accelerated Apps and Plugins that clean up Video noise) I have dual 24" LCT 2ms Nvidia Vision enabled

Motherboard (I do want Thunder Bolt)
ASUS Maximus V EXTREME LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard CFX (this is an EATX Board when I search on Newegg the Antec 1200 V3 comes up but in the features I don’t see where it will hold a EATX board)

Case
Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Black if this board will fit

CPU
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz

HD Data
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s

HD Boot (would Like to get two and raid them loosing trim doesn't bother me much)
SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Cooling CPU
CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler

Memory
G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-2133C11D-16GZL

Video
2x EVGA 04G-P4-3673-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP

Power Supply
Antec TPQ-1200 1200W Continuous Power with PowerCache Technology SLI Ready CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
6 answers Last reply
More about complete system 2500 questions seeking input
  1. After thinking about it I am going to drop to a I7-2700K and upgrade the video cards to Dual GTX 680 FTW and still have enough to raid those SSD's
  2. Use pcpartpicker.com its the best way to stay on budget and get cheapest prices.
  3. No suggestions yet? I was thinking I could also used dual 7870's
  4. Your better off getting a single video card and then going CF/SLI later when the prices go down. for the price of two 7870s i would just get a single 7970 and put the saved ~100 somewhere else. (another monitor for eyefinity or nvidia surround?)

Also im not a fan of the corsair h100.
  5. The H100i is the new model it got some fair reviews and the price was right I could dump it and with the extra 100 saved by your sugestion get real water cooling but my fav site (DangerDen) is gone I guess could go to FrozenCPU.
  6. I bought my watercooling system and some modding supplies from frozencpu, they were great.

I got a thermometor from them and they sent it with the wrong color LCD, i called them and they sent me a new one, and let me keep the old one. Great friendly customer service.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems