jkrules22

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2012
I have a Radeon R7770 Ghz card and I just downloaded Metro 2033, now it keeps crashing and I think it is because I don't have Physx. Where could I download Physx for a ati card,

Also I thought of this while typing this post, I have a GTS 450 card laying around, would I be able to run that and my radeon card at the same time?

obsama1

Distinguished
It's not due to PhysX. I can guarantee it. A ton of people who play Metro 2033 have AMD cards and have no issues. PhysX is an Nvidia exclusive feature, so it won't work on AMD cards. And even if you used the GTS 450, the drivers would detect an AMD card, and it wouldn't work. It's probably a software issue. Try updating Metro 2033, Windows, and your GPU drivers.

gorz

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
Don't tell him running nvidia and amd cards together can't be done, it can. You need the hacked nvidia drivers installed along with the catalyst drivers. I'm not an expert on doing it so don't ask me how, but someone else could answer you on how to do it. Metro 2033 will detect the amd card and turn physx off, so it's not the problem. It is more than likely a driver issue.