Hi need advice about ups +?

Lastbreath

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
Hi, ive just made a new pc build and i cant turn it on, what happend, well i build it and plug the 2 cables (monitor and case) in to extension cord, when i plug the cable from the extension cord in the wall* my old pc wich was on at time wich is pluged on ups then in 2 the wall*, the ups blow with some strange sound and my old pc stop running, later i just turn it back again, but the extension cord of the new pc was burned, after that ive tried to connect the new pc with the ups and then to plug in 2 the wall* and when i press the 0/1 button on the pc psu, the ups burned and now it doesnt work(my psu is 800w and the ups was 400w), after that ive tryed to turn on the new pc in 2 the wall* directly, the room power switch burned (my house is on old type something like this http://tinyurl.com/cv5vk9h) ive repair that, after that ive unplugged the gpu 6+4, the 4+4, and the other power cables i just left the 24pin, got old power stabilizer and interesting thing happend, i plug the new pc in to the stabilizer then plug the stabilizer in the wall* and both psu and stabilizer were on 0 mean turned off and all the lights on my case turned on, i turned the stabilizer on it worked for 1-2mins ok then it started 2 buzz and was afraid it will burn so i turned it off.

wall* = home electricity
my build:
i7 3770k
gigabyte g1 sniper
16gb (4x4) kingston
1tb WD caviar black
asus gtx680 dc2t
cooler master silent pro gold 800w

on psu calculator it says i need around 500w with 90% system load. so my question is what can i do to turn on my new pc and not to burn stuff, the electicity in mine place isnt great it , i dont know much about electricity but from 220v i think it runs from 190-220v. so if i need new psu recommend pls, we gonna switch soon the switch table with automatic switch hope that will work better.

Lastbreath

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009

its cooler master silent pro gold 800w
and what do u mean with short? i dont know that term?

Lastbreath

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
Now ive tested the psu with the paperclip test and also interesting thing, the on cooler and another hooked cooler they both spin while the psu is switch on and off like there is no difference? what does that means?

zdbc13

Distinguished
Cooler Master is not a recommended brand for power supplies. A short is when a connection is unintentionally made from power to ground. That will cause fuses and circuit breakers to blow which sounds like your problem. I would try another PSU.

Do you mean the CPU fan and another fan spin if you do the paperclip test? Did you do the paperclip test while it was still plugged into the motherboard? Did that "turn off all your lights"?

Lastbreath

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009

no i unplugged all stuff from the psu and only pluged 1 cooler, and i plugged the psu cable in to the wall and the psu cooler and the other cooler started to spin, but they spin on 0/1 switch positions of the psu. actualy every time i did something with the psu it was on 0 (off position) and still it did all those stuff.

zdbc13

Distinguished
If you still get power when the little black switch is in the O off position, please disconnect that PSU and throw it in the trash. That is a very dangerous situation and you should not mess with it. Get a new one - Coursair, XFX, Antek, PC Power, etc. Look up power supply reviews from reputable sites and follow their advice.

Lastbreath

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
M8 new update. Ive returned the psu, the webshop returned to the place they got it from, the original shop test it and return it to the webshop saying the psu is fine, the webshop test it also and the psu was woking fine and called me let me know. I went at the webshop with mine pc we putted the psu in the case and everything was fine, on 0 (turned of) the psu wasnt doing anything when on 1, lights up, press power button on case computer starts normaly. and i cant explain why it did all those stuff at my house, talked with the guy at the webshop he didnt had explanation also, i asked u and on some other forums from what ive sayed the 5 situations tha psu coused at my house everyone sayed its bad, when i got home with the pc and the psu, ive tested with the paperclip test on 0 wasnt working on 1 was working, ive sort out the pc and now its working fine and still cant explain why it coused all those stuff .