edmondo96

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Hi Guys,
My computer has been acting weird. I've tried to reinstall my Graphics Card and the drivers and it still won't help. So when ever I play 3D games such as Battlefield 3, Pay day The Heist and Arma 2 It always seems to crash after only a couple minutes of playing it. When it crashes it freezes for a bit than the screen goes black until it Crashes to the desktop. The game is still responsive and i can hear everyone moving around but all i can see is my desktop background. Every time this happens I have to type in (Left Shift, Numpad - than type in flush) so i can see the game again.

My computer Specs are:
AMD Phenom (tm) II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs), ~ 3.3GHz
16364MB RAM
AMD Radeon 7700 Series 1Gb
650 Coolermaster PSU

RussK1

Splendid
I'd suggest to re-install drivers using the method I use and not OC'ing and see if it resolves the issue.

1) Download Driver Fusion HERE.
2) Download Catalyst 12.8 drivers HERE. but don't install.
3) Download 12.9 CAP1 HERE.
4) Custom uninstall all AMD software through Control Panel, select everything and reboot.
5) Run Driver Fusion and clean AMD display drivers - reboot.
6) Re-install CCC and reboot.
7) Install the CAP profile and reboot.

edmondo96

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012

I did all those steps and the game last longer but it still crashes, is their any other options that may fix this?
thankyou

edmondo96

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012

I tried to reinstall the way RussK1 told me and the game last a bit longer than it usually did but it still ends up crashing. Do you have any suggestions that may fix this problem?
Thank you

edmondo96

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012

Nope, its just that i can only see my desktop background instead of the actually game. I can still move around as i can hear the footsteps whenever i walk and when i go to Task Manager it still says that the game is still responsive. I play on normal settings as well.

RussK1

Splendid

Sounds like a UAC problem in Windows itself.

Change power control settings to "high performance". Also change user account control "UAC" settings to not dim your desktop.

WiseBagus

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
My friend has the same card and every game he plays crashes except League of Legends and starcraft2. All of his games stop responding and crash to desktop.We have tried swapping out everything except the mobo and cpu.

edmondo96

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012

Is UAC User Account Control and if it is should i make it always notify or never Notify? thank you

edmondo96

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012

Same happens to me, LoL runs perfectly and so does wow, its just the FPS games and most steam games such as garrysmod and CCS.

RussK1

Splendid

No, second from bottom...

"notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)"

Further, in the games you are having issues... try lowering in-game settings.

edmondo96

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012

Alright i will try this and tell you if it works later. Thanks for the quick reply

The game still crashes after doing that :( any more solutions