Sign in with
Your question

How do I adjust the settings so that the system fan keeps running in Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
January 25, 2010 1:31:20 PM

My laptop had vista on it. no probs. when i upped to windows 7 my fan shuts off and the system heats up too high. how can i control the system fan using win 7 ? i installed speed fan. Speed fan only registers info. it won't speed up the fan.
a b $ Windows 7
January 25, 2010 5:37:32 PM

You might check your motherboard BIOS for fan setting controls.
m
l
February 4, 2010 9:47:57 PM

Gandalf said:
You might check your motherboard BIOS for fan setting controls.

thanks, but the BIOS has no fan control. I did check the usual stuff. I think it is windows 7 itself that is interfering. Can't find a setting to change to fix it.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 4, 2010 10:25:59 PM

Are you overclocking?

Also, what is the make/model of your laptop?
m
l
February 5, 2010 12:49:09 PM

Gandalf said:
Are you overclocking?

Also, what is the make/model of your laptop?

No not doing anything special. It's an Acer Aspire 5315.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 5, 2010 1:55:20 PM

Check your Device Manager for a bad installed device.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 5, 2010 5:51:48 PM

If you don't have any bad devices installed according to the Device Manager, I would recommend you take your laptop to somewhere like STAPLES and have it cleaned.
It is possible that you might not have adequate airflow.
m
l
February 6, 2010 1:23:29 AM

Gandalf said:
If you don't have any bad devices installed according to the Device Manager, I would recommend you take your laptop to somewhere like STAPLES and have it cleaned.
It is possible that you might not have adequate airflow.

Like I said.. Already tried all the normal things. Yup, already tore it apart and did clean a nominal amount of dust off the fan blades after I couldn't find a software or driver fix etc...that too.
m
l
June 20, 2011 4:40:16 PM

seaviper said:
Like I said.. Already tried all the normal things. Yup, already tore it apart and did clean a nominal amount of dust off the fan blades after I couldn't find a software or driver fix etc...that too.

I know this is an old thread but jjust wondering if a fix was found. I'm having the same issue I can avoid any problems by not putting it in to sleep mode which is what causes the fan to stop working but would like a solution to the problem.
m
l
!