How do I adjust the settings so that the system fan keeps running in Windows 7

seaviper

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
My laptop had vista on it. no probs. when i upped to windows 7 my fan shuts off and the system heats up too high. how can i control the system fan using win 7 ? i installed speed fan. Speed fan only registers info. it won't speed up the fan.

seaviper

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010

thanks, but the BIOS has no fan control. I did check the usual stuff. I think it is windows 7 itself that is interfering. Can't find a setting to change to fix it.

seaviper

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010

nah. Already been there. . speedfan isn't controlling...just reporting.

Gandalf

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
If you don't have any bad devices installed according to the Device Manager, I would recommend you take your laptop to somewhere like STAPLES and have it cleaned.
It is possible that you might not have adequate airflow.

seaviper

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010

Like I said.. Already tried all the normal things. Yup, already tore it apart and did clean a nominal amount of dust off the fan blades after I couldn't find a software or driver fix etc...that too.

imjustaguy

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011

I know this is an old thread but jjust wondering if a fix was found. I'm having the same issue I can avoid any problems by not putting it in to sleep mode which is what causes the fan to stop working but would like a solution to the problem.