Sign in with
Your question

Network problem

Last response: in Networking
November 12, 2011 6:53:36 PM

Hello, I am having an issue with my home network. I have a Zoom cable modem (Comcast), a Medialink wireless router, a laptop and a desktop PC (both Windows 7). This setup has been working fine for over a year.

I didn't change anything but the network has stopped working correctly. I am able to connect to it, but the tray icon says "No internet connection." I tried connecting directly to the cable modem. I was able to connect and the tray icon did say "Internet connection" indicating it is available, but I am not able to load any websites.

The cable modem "Signal" light is lit, and the "Internet" light on the router is lit, as well. According to Comcast there are no service outages. I don't have access to another cable modem to try switching that out, unfortunately. Is there anything else I can try? Thank you..

More about : network problem

November 12, 2011 7:48:17 PM

Try unplugging the modem for a while (maybe 20-30 mins) and try again.
m
l
November 12, 2011 7:52:47 PM

eibgrad said:
Try unplugging the modem for a while (maybe 20-30 mins) and try again.

I left it unplugged overnight and also reset it.
m
l
Related resources
November 14, 2011 1:28:17 AM

type 74.125.47.105 into your address bar of the internet browser of one of your machines and see what you get.
m
l
November 14, 2011 3:19:46 AM

do an nslookup at the command prompt. Ping google. ipconfig. All that good stuff.

m
l
November 14, 2011 3:43:29 PM

Your type of network may have changed (Public/Private Work/Home type of thing).
m
l
!