Network problem

Hello, I am having an issue with my home network. I have a Zoom cable modem (Comcast), a Medialink wireless router, a laptop and a desktop PC (both Windows 7). This setup has been working fine for over a year.

I didn't change anything but the network has stopped working correctly. I am able to connect to it, but the tray icon says "No internet connection." I tried connecting directly to the cable modem. I was able to connect and the tray icon did say "Internet connection" indicating it is available, but I am not able to load any websites.

The cable modem "Signal" light is lit, and the "Internet" light on the router is lit, as well. According to Comcast there are no service outages. I don't have access to another cable modem to try switching that out, unfortunately. Is there anything else I can try? Thank you..
5 answers Last reply
More about network problem
  1. Try unplugging the modem for a while (maybe 20-30 mins) and try again.
  2. eibgrad said:
    Try unplugging the modem for a while (maybe 20-30 mins) and try again.

I left it unplugged overnight and also reset it.
  3. type 74.125.47.105 into your address bar of the internet browser of one of your machines and see what you get.
  4. do an nslookup at the command prompt. Ping google. ipconfig. All that good stuff.
  5. Your type of network may have changed (Public/Private Work/Home type of thing).
Ask a new question

Read More

Modem Cable Internet Connection Networking