windows/system32/bridge.dll

I am getting cannot find this when I start up and I put
it in quarentine because there was something wrong with
it like spyware or something. I was wondering if anyone
knows how to fix this or install another one? I would
really appreciate any kind of help on this. Thanks. Lisa

I am gonna check these out you gave me :) Thanks I do
have adaware and it quarentined this bridge.dll now when
I start up it says cannot find bridge.dll so I am
wondering do I even need it? Thanks if you know the
answer to this also? Lisa

Hi

bridge.dll is part of some spyware - have a look here:

http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/w/winfavorites_bridge.asp

Also try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder - http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

Also see the following links:

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I am getting cannot find this when I start up and I put
| it in quarentine because there was something wrong with
| it like spyware or something. I was wondering if anyone
| knows how to fix this or install another one? I would
| really appreciate any kind of help on this. Thanks. Lisa

Hi

Have a look in msconfig>startup to see if the file is referenced there. If
so, uncheck it and then reboot your system.

--

> [...]

Thanks Will I will do that! :)

Hi

Any problems, please post back.