constant-aperture wide-angle zooms

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 27, 2005 10:29:29 PM

What constant-aperture wide-angle or wide-to-normal/slight-tele
zooms lenses do people here like for EF or EF-S mount?

F/4 is a little slow for a walking-around lens for me, but Canon's
16-35L costs about 2x too much. Tokina 20-35/2.8 maybe? That'd get
me both wider and longer than the 28mm/1.8 prime I use these days at
the cost of a stop and a third (and, ahem, about $600). How do
people like that lens?

Ok, enough shopping, time to go do some shooting.

--
Ben Rosengart (212) 741-4400 x215
--Josh Micah Marshall

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:41:59 GMT, Digi - Reb <John.Duggins@verizon.net> wrote:

> LOL Ben,
>
> Have you seen the new=20
> Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX Aspherical DG DF AutoFocus Wide Angle Zoom Lens =
> with Hood for Canon EOS Cameras=20

Heh.

Yep, sure have -- but I'm still not convinced that it isn't the
one that photozone.de disparages. How are you so sure, anyway?

> Seriously though, I checked Adorama's web site. If you narrow your =
> search to Sigma>Canon EOS>Wide -Tele=20
> you'll see the lens I'm talking about. They're selling it for $409.00 =

Seen it, yup. I definitely hope this is a worthy lens, as I'd
rather go down to 24mm than up to 75mm.

--
!