ahadtk

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Hi, i am having slow down issues with my pc . im into gaming and tried to get whatever i could in limited budget.

my motherboard is msi H55m-E33
ram is 2gb kingston
graphics card: gtx 560
processor: intel i3

The issue im facing is that for example when im playing dota 2. it runs smoothly for a while but after like 45 mins or an hour it seems like the pc slows down. i face very minor lags in game. it feels like the pc is heated up.

Also while playing skyrim, it runs smoothy in certain places on ultra settings . but in come places it lags a lot and the fps drop too low.

Can anyone help?

failboater

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Well on skyrim you can expect to see BIG changes in FPS depending on the area you are in. As for Dota you should not be having problems. What are the FPS when it is fast and what are they when slow?

Maher90 is right. 2gb ram is too little for modern gaming and memory leaks could be causing the slowdown.

ahadtk

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
yes i guess the memory is too low. BUT, a friend of mine playes skyrim and dota 2 on the same settings as i do. he has a core 2 duo 3.2, 1 gb ram and 512 at radeon. i dont know the exact specs for the card. he gets good fps on skyrim.

any way, in my case you guys think that the ram is the issue then?

mohit9206

Distinguished
just add another 2gb of ram and see how it goes..if the games still lag it may be an overheating issue with either the cpu or gpu..or it could even be your psu..maybe its not being able to provide enough amps during critical parts of gameplay and thus leading to slowdowns ? have you faced any crashes while playing ?

ahadtk

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012

no mohit. no crashes while playing !! just lags . and not that much lags but like slight,. frame rates drop n all