Help choosing a motherboard

manshiny

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
So, I've got most of the components sorted (still deciding whether to keep my current HDD or get new ones)

The components I have (These components are pretty much set in stone):
CPU: Intel 2600k
GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4gb in SLI
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16gb (2x8) @ 2100mhz
PSU: Corsair 850 HX
Case: NZXT Phantom 820
HDD: Right now: 2x OCZ Vertex 2 60gb, 1x Seagate 1TB 7200rpm, 1x Western Digital Green 2TB
Might change to: 2x Samsung 830 256gb, 1x Samsung 830 64gb (OS), 2x Western Digital Black TB

The system is going to be watercooled, using koolance gear. I guess that is all for the components right now

I'm having trouble picking a good motherboard though, I'm looking at the Asus V-Deluxe z77 and also the Extreme V z77
I really want to stick with Asus, I don't particularly like gigabyte products at all, just haven't had the greatest experience with them.
I'll be overclocking later on, both CPU and GPU, main use is gaming, video editing, other editing (music, images etc), and next year I'll be doing a lot of programming (I do computer science at university)
I don't really have a budget, so money isn't to much of an issue (I was considering the premium at one stage even)

Any advice would be well appreciated :)

G

go with the deluxe. the extreme only brings a mPCI connection to the table whereas the deluxe has more power phases to the cpu (twice as many with 16). your overclock would be more stable.

on a side note, i would suggest getting a 512 SSD instead of 2 256 SSDs down the road, but thats another topic . . .