Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Should I use Driver-Sweeper when installing new Nvidia drivers?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 29, 2012 1:18:16 PM

Hello,
I am using Nvidia 670 GTX and the always install the latest updates.
Recently some guy said that before I install a new driver, I should first uninstall, install the software "Driver-Sweeper", run on safemode and delete leftovers of drivers, reboot and only then install the new Nvidia driver.

Now I read some guys claiming that Driver Sweeper installer install trojan softwares, or perhaps just install some un-wanted apps on the background...

So the question is, should I even use Driver Sweeper? I mean with the new Nvidia drivers, I don't even uninstall the last driver, I simply run the new one > and choose clean install > and then it removes and installs everything automatically.

Please tell me whats best. Thank you.

Best solution

a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
September 29, 2012 1:26:17 PM

I never use driver sweeper programs and my systems still work OK, just choose the 'Clean Install' option when installing the latest Nvidia driver.
September 29, 2012 1:28:20 PM

Hey thanks alot, If I already installed Driver Sweeper in the past and removed it, should I be concerned? is there some extra removing to be done?
Score
Related resources
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
September 29, 2012 1:36:28 PM

Unless you are prepared to do a full format and reinstall I wouldn't worry about it.
Score
September 29, 2012 1:43:40 PM

MM is right... I've always used nVidia's installer to remove previous drivers and install the new one's.
Score
September 30, 2012 10:00:00 AM

You mean just runing the driver, and letting it remove and install automatically? not uninstalling each feature manually right?
Score
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
September 30, 2012 11:08:35 AM

Or you can still choose which bit to install if you wish, I don't let the audio, auto update and 3D drivers install for instance as I don't use any of them.
Score
September 30, 2012 3:27:29 PM

Ok thanks, but technically - does it hurt the performance to have those non-active drivers installed?
Score
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
October 1, 2012 4:52:15 PM

Ransome said:
Ok thanks, but technically - does it hurt the performance to have those non-active drivers installed?

TBH I don't know because I've never installed them! :whistle: 
Score
October 11, 2012 7:38:37 AM

Best answer selected by Ransome.
Score
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
October 14, 2012 11:25:18 AM

This topic has been closed by MouseMonkey
Score
!