[Mage] Why did no one inform me about the old school ST sc..

Being the type who collects things, some time ago I chose Mage books as
my latest objet d'desire. I've been slowly collecting them, snapping up
the bargains on eBay as they appear. The original Mage screen is a
perennial item there, usually for silly starting bids, given its
relative value in a Mage game these days that isn't expressly first
edition.

At least, that's what I thought until I finally snagged a copy of my
own. Before today, I had only ever seen the middle pane of the screen,
which seemed to be some ephemeral dragony things spitting fire at each
other. Then I opened my package and unfolded the screen to witness the
glory of it all at once.

*Now* I have some inkling of the joys and sorrows I see so many people
suggest in their posts. And I so want to play that game.

--
Tyler

m o c t o d o o h a y t a h c t i v o n i l b

Tyler Dion wrote:

> Being the type who collects things, some time ago I chose Mage books as
> my latest objet d'desire. I've been slowly collecting them, snapping up
> the bargains on eBay as they appear. The original Mage screen is a
> perennial item there, usually for silly starting bids, given its
> relative value in a Mage game these days that isn't expressly first
> edition.

> At least, that's what I thought until I finally snagged a copy of my
> own. Before today, I had only ever seen the middle pane of the screen,
> which seemed to be some ephemeral dragony things spitting fire at each
> other. Then I opened my package and unfolded the screen to witness the
> glory of it all at once.

> *Now* I have some inkling of the joys and sorrows I see so many people
> suggest in their posts. And I so want to play that game.

Dragons and extradimensional pirate ships and teleporting super-hackers
and islands flying high above the surface of the spirit world and all that?

Yeah. Nice piece of art. Second Mage product I ever bought, which was
confusing, since the first one was Mage 2nd Edition.
--
Stephenls
Geek

In article <36l5ciF53151eU1@individual.net>, Stephenls
<stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Yeah. Nice piece of art. Second Mage product I ever bought, which was
> confusing, since the first one was Mage 2nd Edition.

But not so jarring as say, buying the 1st Ed screen and the revised
corebook.

Actually, though, my plans for running a Mage game have almost from the
beginning centered on fusing early Mage content -- the good stuff,
anyway -- with the revised mechanics.

--
Tyler

m o c t o d o o h a y t a h c t i v o n i l b