Radeon HD 6990 can't handle shaders??...

Turbow5

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
It was simple.. Buy this monster card and play anything I want on max just for the heck of it. (lol) But it can't even touch shaders. I can run any game at 100 fps with no shaders on 1920x1080 resolution. But it can be a simple game like minecraft shaders or battlefield 3 shaders and i cant seem to get over 30 fps.

2 GPUs on one card and it cant handle shaders?

Solution
I assume the OP is cranking the "shader" effects up. Many games have different levels you can select. Surly the card has plenty of unified shaders to work with :)

You have to ensure you have the latest drivers and crossfire profiles.

Minecraft can get hard on the system because of the massive number of blocks on screen. A normal game is not made of blocks, but meshes to make a wall, so some huge works can lag good.

americanbrian

Distinguished
what do you mean by shaders? because it is not obvious that you mean what everyone else thinks "shaders" means.

In other words, it IS handling shaders already, regardless of what you are telling us. It has "shader cores" and when you play anything it is running shaders.

So illuminate us as to what you are actually talking about. Are you disabling shaders? using a different pixel shader version?

I assume the OP is cranking the "shader" effects up. Many games have different levels you can select. Surly the card has plenty of unified shaders to work with :)

You have to ensure you have the latest drivers and crossfire profiles.

Minecraft can get hard on the system because of the massive number of blocks on screen. A normal game is not made of blocks, but meshes to make a wall, so some huge works can lag good.

Solution