BrandonB882

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Hey guys. I have a small issue I'd like answered.
I'm running crossfire AMD HD6870 1GB. once card is sapphire and other is XFX and have been working great together for months.

The other night I was playing some LOL and BF3.. both games crashed and forced me to restart the computer both times. While playing LOL I started getting artifacts and missing terrain. then funky lines started to appear. after I rebooted I tried some BF3 so after a few mins of playing BF3 crashed and my IE explorer window was getting those funky lines again.
I checked my temps after rebooting for 10 mins and they constantly stay at 33-43C and under load its 59-65C so no heat issues I'm guessing..

So I'm stuck. Do I need a firmware update? The cards are plugged in and snug with tons of airflow. I even switched them around.
Also after letting the computer sit OFF over night everything is working as normal now.

My specs are:
AMD PhenomII 965@4.0
Corsair H100
AMD HD6870 CF
Gigabyte mobo 970
Gskill 1866@1600 (I had a fx4100 before)
Seagate momentus xt 500GB 6gb/s
Thermaltake 750 80+

rdizz81

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2012
Hey Brandon i am getting the same exact problem... did you ever get this answered? i have 2 cards i tried swapping them and then running one each and same problem, i formatted HD and re downloaded all drivers same issue. checked temps everything seems fine? i cant figure it out. im thinking powersupply is going bad? what have you found?

this seems to only happen under load.