Closed

6600 to PC connection

Last response: in Brands
December 23, 2004 10:07:39 PM

Hi!
Just bought 6600 and want to connect it to my PC...
OS is M$ Win XP
Should i buy bluetooth port for my computer or USB data cable???
Could you please post me some websites with free applications and stuff (I
don't know games etc.) for 6600

tnx

Robi

More about : 6600 connection

Anonymous
December 24, 2004 1:44:22 PM

Nokia 6600 doesn't have official cable connection. You can connect it only
with IR port or bluetooth. Widcomm-based bluetooth transceiver is quite good
choice.

Technological cable for Nokia 6600 can be used for service need only and you
cannont synchronize your 6600's data using this wire.

You can download free trial of Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones
with basic functionality from our official website (
http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ).

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, Robi!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Thu, 23 Dec 2004 19:07:39
+0100 from address 'remove_this_'shorinji@net.hr:

>Hi!
>Just bought 6600 and want to connect it to my PC...
>OS is M$ Win XP
>Should i buy bluetooth port for my computer or USB data cable???
>Could you please post me some websites with free applications and stuff
>(I
>don't know games etc.) for 6600

>tnx

>Robi
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 9:19:14 PM

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 10:44:22 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
<support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:

>Nokia 6600 doesn't have official cable connection. You can connect it only
>with IR port or bluetooth. Widcomm-based bluetooth transceiver is quite good
>choice.

I will second that. I have both a Belkin and an Instant Pan BT USB
adapter and both are supplied with WIDCOMM based BT manager software
which is very easy to setup (Win XP and 2K)

Chris P Bacon
Related resources
January 16, 2009 4:39:10 AM

See you can easily connect your 6600 phone via bluetooth to a pc....you just need to dwnld bluesoliel software and install it on your system .. turn bt on and then just leave the rest to bluesoliel.......remember to place the bluetpooth dongle....i'm sure that it should work.......If you have any problem or queries just email me to Princeranchi@yahoo.co.in
Anonymous
August 24, 2010 1:38:45 PM

Hello Princeranchi, I have a Nokia 6600 which is visible and paired, a bluesoleil usb adapter and have installed the drivers but I always get a private ip address like 169.254.215,63. and I am unable to connect to the internet. I am using Win XP pro SP03
Any info is highly appreciated.
Thanks - kedryn999@yahoo.com
September 28, 2010 3:16:07 PM

This topic has been closed by Buwish