Closed

6600 to PC connection

Hi!
Just bought 6600 and want to connect it to my PC...
OS is M$ Win XP
Should i buy bluetooth port for my computer or USB data cable???
Could you please post me some websites with free applications and stuff (I
don't know games etc.) for 6600

tnx

Robi
5 answers Last reply
More about 6600 connection

    Nokia 6600 doesn't have official cable connection. You can connect it only
    with IR port or bluetooth. Widcomm-based bluetooth transceiver is quite good
    choice.

    Technological cable for Nokia 6600 can be used for service need only and you
    cannont synchronize your 6600's data using this wire.

    You can download free trial of Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones
    with basic functionality from our official website (
    http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ).

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, Robi!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Thu, 23 Dec 2004 19:07:39
    +0100 from address 'remove_this_'shorinji@net.hr:

    >Hi!
    >Just bought 6600 and want to connect it to my PC...
    >OS is M$ Win XP
    >Should i buy bluetooth port for my computer or USB data cable???
    >Could you please post me some websites with free applications and stuff
    >(I
    >don't know games etc.) for 6600

    >tnx

    >Robi

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 10:44:22 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
    <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:

    >Nokia 6600 doesn't have official cable connection. You can connect it only
    >with IR port or bluetooth. Widcomm-based bluetooth transceiver is quite good
    >choice.

    I will second that. I have both a Belkin and an Instant Pan BT USB
    adapter and both are supplied with WIDCOMM based BT manager software
    which is very easy to setup (Win XP and 2K)

    Chris P Bacon
  3. See you can easily connect your 6600 phone via bluetooth to a pc....you just need to dwnld bluesoliel software and install it on your system .. turn bt on and then just leave the rest to bluesoliel.......remember to place the bluetpooth dongle....i'm sure that it should work.......If you have any problem or queries just email me to Princeranchi@yahoo.co.in
  4. Hello Princeranchi, I have a Nokia 6600 which is visible and paired, a bluesoleil usb adapter and have installed the drivers but I always get a private ip address like 169.254.215,63. and I am unable to connect to the internet. I am using Win XP pro SP03
    Any info is highly appreciated.
    Thanks - kedryn999@yahoo.com
  5. This topic has been closed by Buwish

Nokia Connection