Graphics card is squeaking like a mouse. (but weirder)

ranger719

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
My GPU is making a squeaking sound really weirdly. It only squeaks when I turn on AntiAA and when it's off, there's no/little noise. What's happening? Is the memory bad? The fans are not screwed up. I tried contacting XFX but they didn't help me at all, telling me BS things like trying to see if the fans were loose (they said it like 4 consecutive times).

Thanks!
Thanks!
My card is a XFX Double Diss 6870 and I'm completely sure my PSU and MOBO can handle it.

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Products/Graphics-Cards/AMD/AMD-Radeon-HD-6000-Series/AMD-Radeon-HD-6870/HD-687A-ZDFC.aspx

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
I'm pretty sure that bumps are against the rules of this forum, so I recommend that you stop doing it.

Your problem might be coil whine. There is nothing other than an RMA that you can do about it if this is it and if so, then the next card might have it too because if one card has it, then chances are that many (perhaps most) units of that model have it too.

ranger719

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012

I tried contacting them but they didn't let me RMA it, as they said it was the fans. No It wasn't....

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012

Then show them you mean business. If they want to screw with you, then you screw with them back. Don't just take no for an answer. If your card is faulty, then get them to replace it. Contact them again.

ranger719

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012

I tried again this morning and last night. I told them I won't ever buy from them, I'll give you bad ratings in newegg, etc, but they just told me to keep checking the fans! ERG..