lauri999

Honorable
May 23, 2012
The GTX680-DC2T-2GD5 takes up 2.5 slots. Right now I am tenatively getting an ASUS P8z77-v deluxe motherboard with Noctua NH-D14 Cpu cooler.

I am wondering if I am going to have any issues with fitting them. I would put the GTX in PCI 16x0 slot closest to CPU.

Appreciate the help

Lauri

On other boards you might have had problems with putting in a second card, as the first would block the second's slot with its heatsink, but that board's got enough space even for two of these monsters. Also, that's considered a 3-slot card, as you might as well be blocking the entire third slot if you can't fit anything into it.

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

i would be more concerned with your case choice make sure the is enough with for the tower cooler and enough length for the graphics card if its a long one, alot of builds i have been doing lately with high end cards particularly gigabyte windforce 3x coolers and dual gpu cards are requiring middle drive bays to be removed and in my personal case i had to cut out part of and move my drive bay to fit my gpu in my coolermaster storm scout case. that is where your concern should be also consider ram heights with your cpu cooler two even with my cm 212 i am using ram slots 2 and 4 because the heatspreaders on my ram can hit, so i would suggest low profile ram heatspreaders to be safe too :sarcastic:

lauri999

Honorable
May 23, 2012
I was going to use the crucial tracer ram so I think that is low enough to fit under the CPU cooler. My concern was I heard people say that the NOCTUA fan clips might brush up against the GPU.

The case I am planning on is the Coolermaster HAF X Blue