How to compare nvidia and redon gpu's

Hi guys
I am planning to move from nvidia to raedon gpu.
As both use different technologies i want to know how to compare
I found that the similarities are clock speeds,transfer rates....but the differences is nvidia cuda cores and raedon uses stream processors and also nvidia mentions fill rate in billion pixels/sec but raedon doesn't mention anything like that....so how to compare these both?(abiding benchmarks course)
Thanks
9 answers Last reply
More about compare nvidia redon
  1. Just tell us your price point and we'll tell you the best card. Stream and CUDA are just names for the graphics cores. AMD definitely has a fillrate, but they just don't mention it. The only thing that differentiates Nvidia from AMD is CUDA and PhysX. PhysX gives you some really awesome particle effects, but it has a negative effect on performance, and not many games support it. Some programs can utilize CUDA and speed up programs significantly, like video editing, but not all programs support that feature. AMD has OpenCL which is like CUDA but it works cross-platform.
  2. mahi98_goodguy said:
    Hi guys
    I am planning to move from nvidia to raedon gpu.
    As both use different technologies i want to know how to compare
    I found that the similarities are clock speeds,transfer rates....but the differences is nvidia cuda cores and raedon uses stream processors and also nvidia mentions fill rate in billion pixels/sec but raedon doesn't mention anything like that....so how to compare these both?(abiding benchmarks course)
    Thanks


    Benchmarks. Like everything else in the world....
  3. Give us a budget and we can direct you to the best for the buck, whether it's AMD or nVidia. Both do well at whatever price point you have, but we can let you know what is probably the better buy for your $.
  4. give this a read then ask some questions:
    Best Graphics Cards For The Money: September 2012
  5. Budget 80-95usd
  6. Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 800MHZ 1GB $93.99 USD

    if you do rebates
    HIS iCooler H775F1GD Radeon HD 7750 $104.99
    $94.99 after $10.00 rebate(s)
    XFX FX-775A-ZNP4 Radeon HD 7750 $114.99
    $94.99 after $20.00 rebate(s)
  7. Anonymous said:
    Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 800MHZ 1GB $93.99 USD

    if you do rebates
    HIS iCooler H775F1GD Radeon HD 7750 $104.99
    $94.99 after $10.00 rebate(s)
    XFX FX-775A-ZNP4 Radeon HD 7750 $114.99
    $94.99 after $20.00 rebate(s)

    Im my country India 7750 is almost $160 i am planning to buy hd6670 ddr3 sapphire which is $100....
  8. mahi98_goodguy said:
    Im my country India 7750 is almost $160 i am planning to buy hd6670 ddr3 sapphire which is $100....

    sorry about that wished that was said before.

    have you tried all these vendors?
    http://www.flipkart.com/computers?_pop=mheader
    http://www.theitdepot.com/
    http://www.lynx-india.com/index.php?ukey=home
    http://www.swamipc.in/
    http://techshop.in/store/index.php?cPath=320&polytela=387ec4a7dfc56963443cde2bb247f2cd
    http://www.shopmania.in/computers
    http://mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=common/home

    not sure about all of them just thought it might open up some better choices. good luck! :)
  9. Anonymous said:

    Yep checked out all those.....flipkart is slightly better of all as they do free shipping and have good logistics.....they are like Indian version of amazon.....i decided on 6670 after checking online websites....opened this thread for knowing technical differences between the two techniligieseg.cuda is good for float point and stream processors for int....float contains more bits than int computation so less cuda is equal to more bits so more stream processors.....
    This sort of technical differences
    Thanks for the links brother
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Nvidia Graphics Product