AF field Maxxum 7D

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have the Maxxum 7D and I have an old Vivitar 28-210 lens. When it is
attached to the body I can't choose the AF field and it doesn't matter in
which position the switch is. All the time I see the "checkerboard" on the
display and the middle filed is chosen. I can't change it. Is my body
broken, or my lens is broken, or my lens is to old to support this function?
I think the last case is correct...

I'm also thinking about purchasing a new wide angle lens. I don't have
enough money to purchase the super one, so I'm thinking about
Cosina/Vivitar/Phoenix (all makes similar) 19-35 f/3.5-4.5 lens. Will it
fully work with 7D (I mean the AF field)? Is it bad/good lens? What can I
expect?

Thanks,

1aq2ws

1qa2ws wrote:

> I have the Maxxum 7D and I have an old Vivitar 28-210 lens. When it is
> attached to the body I can't choose the AF field and it doesn't matter in
> which position the switch is. All the time I see the "checkerboard" on the
> display and the middle filed is chosen. I can't change it. Is my body
> broken, or my lens is broken, or my lens is to old to support this function?
> I think the last case is correct...
>
> I'm also thinking about purchasing a new wide angle lens. I don't have
> enough money to purchase the super one, so I'm thinking about
> Cosina/Vivitar/Phoenix (all makes similar) 19-35 f/3.5-4.5 lens. Will it
> fully work with 7D (I mean the AF field)? Is it bad/good lens? What can I
> expect?

I can't help you but have you asked Vivitar?

I would suggest that if you're not going to buy from Minolta that you
consider Sigma, Tamron or Tokina instead.

Cheers,
Alan