-BLACK FRIDAY SALE- $800 budget

Hey guys, it's that time of the year again.

I need to upgrade my current build of 4 years to something faster and quieter.
My ideal budget is $800 (taxes, s&h incl.)
I am looking for the following:

1) A quiet system
2) Quad core CPU
3) 8GB of RAM

This is what I found http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7431661&sku=B69-1477

This will be the 1st time I attempt at assembling a liquid cooled PC. Any ideas? Am I headed in the right track? :sweat:
4 answers Last reply
More about black friday sale budget
  1. anything that is not custom watercooling is crap

the power supply is also crap

one more thing is how quiet do you want it to be? i can throw a little more cash and make it even quieter. up to you

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/p87S

-take out OS and optical if you dont need it.
    -take out the SSD if you need to save money.
  2. TheBigTroll said:
    anything that is not custom watercooling is crap

the power supply is also crap

one more thing is how quiet do you want it to be? i can throw a little more cash and make it even quieter. up to you

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/p87S

-take out OS and optical if you dont need it.
    -take out the SSD if you need to save money.

-Just out of curiosity why would I need a SSD?
    -With the parts that are listed on your link, would my system be quieter/cooler than if it included liquid cooling?
    -Can I include liquid cooling with the parts that you picked out for me? (The mobo is the same)
  3. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($195.90 @ Amazon Canada)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.91 @ DirectCanada)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($14.99 @ Memory Express)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($260.50 @ DirectCanada)
    Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($43.99 @ Computer Valley)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Memory Express)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($18.99 @ Newegg Canada)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($96.99 @ Computer Valley)
    Total: $860.24
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-23 22:23 EST-0500)

Canadian Build.
  4. PRML said:
    -Just out of curiosity why would I need a SSD?
    -With the parts that are listed on your link, would my system be quieter/cooler than if it included liquid cooling?
    -Can I include liquid cooling with the parts that you picked out for me? (The mobo is the same)

SSDs make your system wayyyy faster than it would ever be just on a hard drive

-no. it would get louder due to crappy stock fans

-yes but i wouldnt use cheapo watercooling. the h60 performs worse than a hyper 212 from what i hear

best way to get silence is to get a noctua heatsink. i can suggest one if you want to spend the money for it. its 60 bucks but the included fans alone cost 40
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Quad Core Systems