USB Detection Preferences

jonah

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004

Hi,

My CPU does not open the "what do you want Windows to
do?" window after I connect my Digital camera.
Everything has been fine before (I have used this feature
for 2 months now, w/o a problem) I hear the "sound" when
I turn on the camera but no pop-up.

Any suggestions?

look in "My Computer" to see if a virtual drive has been added after you
plug-in the camera.
you might be able to see your pictures in it as well.

"Jonah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My CPU does not open the "what do you want Windows to
> do?" window after I connect my Digital camera.
> Everything has been fine before (I have used this feature
> for 2 months now, w/o a problem) I hear the "sound" when
> I turn on the camera but no pop-up.
>
> Any suggestions?

---

Yes, this works! But can't I get the "what to do" window
to open automatically?

Thanks.

(http://www.grisoft.com).
14-Jul-04

>.

I know that if you use Tweak UI you can configure the "what do you want to
do" window in there.

> Yes, this works! But can't I get the "what to do" window
> to open automatically?
>
> Thanks.

---

another thing is, don't mark the square at the bottom of the window that
says "always use this program to open this type of file" with a V, so you
can get this window again each time this type of event occurs and you can
choose each time a different reaction.

"Eli Aran" <eli_yardena@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I know that if you use Tweak UI you can configure the "what do you want to
> do" window in there.
>
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, this works! But can't I get the "what to do" window
> > to open automatically?
> >
> > Thanks.

---