Budgeted build!! 1500-1900

chriskimberly

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: Christmas

Budget Range: $1500-1900

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Downloading, MOvies/Music

Are you buying a monitor: Yes. I would lIke my new rig to have dual moniters.  I would like at least 24"

Parts to Upgrade: (e.g.: CPU, mobo, RAM) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I Have used Newegg in the past and have had great experiences with them.  That being said i am not locked on to one paticular supplier of parts.

Location: City, State/Region, Country - Aurora, Colorado.  USA

Parts Preferences: by brand or type:  I have in the past roced AMD and have had no issues.  However i am aware that intell has made effort to close the gap on AMD

Overclocking:  Maybe- Never done it, but open to the idea

SLI or Crossfire: I would rather have 1 decent card than 2 awesome ones, i play CODBO2 on occasion, and i spen the majority of my time playing WoW.

Your Monitor Resolution: Whatever is clever, i would like to get bang for my buck and like i said i would love a dual moniter set up.

Additional Comments:  My main goal in all this is to get a system that can crush WoW (not difficult) i would like to be able to have my second moniter running a movie or surfing the net, and i would feel better if i had the ability to get mid range performance playing any new games that come my way.  Also Noise is not a concern. SSD would be nice, was thinking 120-250g and a terabyte HD

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I am upgrading cause I have recently returned from Afghanistan and would like to get myself a nice christmas gift.

Include a list of any parts you have already selected with descriptively labeled links for parts. Please do not post only links.

Antec P280 Black Super Mid Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129179

I already have this tower :S

Thank you in advance for your advice and hopefully good builds, i am excited to get this Rig built so i can start playing!

boulbox

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
Cool then, i will suggest this while it is on sale then

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($180.48 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($454.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic X Series 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1390.38
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-24 01:11 EST-0500)

a beast for a system. i5 is all you will ever need, 7970 GHz is amazingly fast but does require a bit more energy than others

256GB SSD

Case is changeable to what ever your preference is. If you have a lot of room for your computer then get this full tower instead

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-case-rc942kkn1

also has a 850W PSU(not to mention a great brand and is gold rated PS: original price of it was around the $200 area) and it lets you CFX in the future if needed to

TRENDING THREADS