Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics (Toshiba) 54 °C

-Hard Drives
298GB TOSHIBA MK3275GSX SATA Disk Device (SATA) 35 °C

-Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633F SATA CdRom Device

-Audio
Conexant SmartAudio HD

He is running a server that we play on, but when he is he only gets around 6 FPS and isn't that enjoyable.

I am asking to see what suggestions for a new laptop to improve these results but for a good cheap price roughly less than $400

ThePiixelMonster

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
He is running a server that we play on, but when he is he only gets around 6 FPS and isn't that enjoyable.

I am asking to see what suggestions for a new laptop to improve these results but for a good cheap price roughly less than $400
With a computer running those specs Minecraft should not be running at 6fps... There are a few things you could try to help make it more playable until you find a solution.

I would suggest getting a new computer (PC) over a laptop though as you could EASILY get a machine powerful enough to play MineCraft and then some at that price range where as with a laptop you will get less power but be paying possibly a little more than that! So your friends cheapest solution would be to build a PC and if that is an ok option for you guys then I can help provide more information but just encase you have intention of doing that I won't spend too much time providing a tone of details and links that won't be required.

The things I mentioned earlier that you are quite possibly aware of already but just on the off chance that you're not aware, try changing up the settings and a few other things.

- Make sure you don't have a bunch of stuff running in the background...
- Try closing all other applications including the apps you do not need that run in the background and then see what it runs like.
- Make sure you have the 64bit Java installed.
- Check that your Java is up to date.
- Avoid large texture packs
- Try and stick to 16x16 or 32x32 texture packs
- Try updating your graphics driver
- Lower particles and check out the difference after that, also turn clouds off and set to fast with advanced opengl and tiny graphics in the options menu.
- Try using this:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-147-optifine-hd-c3-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/
as it improves FPS rates.

After the above you should notice SIGNIFICANT spikes in the FPS rate... I just booted up Minecraft on a lesser machine and it runs at a perfect framerate with next to no lag and this machine has much worse specs.

Also if you go ahead and get a laptop it will over heat a lot if you get a cheap one for gaming. I advise against getting a laptop unless you have serious money to spend on one that you plan on using for games. a desktop is just simply more bang for your buck.

He is running a server that we play on
I want to be sure, do you mean his computer is running the server (he is hosting) while trying to play? If so... that will happen as it's really resource intensive and you might be better splitting the cost for an actual MC server...

I hope this helps

Kind Regards
The Piixel Monster

TRENDING THREADS