Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need Gaming PC Build HELP!

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 24, 2012 4:28:02 AM

I've been trying to get all the parts together to create a new gaming pc for myself. I've spent hours looking for the best way to create a gaming pc. I found out about PCPartPicker. I started to use it and i think i have everything I need in order to create a pc. I do not want to spend over $400 on this PC. Please let me know if the parts I have are capable to run together. Thank you.

More about : gaming build

a b 4 Gaming
November 24, 2012 5:05:48 AM

your link does not work for me
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 5:06:03 AM

Oh my... that is.... much less than a desirable PC to even think about using. This is what I have whipped together for you...

As a matter of fact, I can't whip anything up for you as your budget is WAY to low. If it was $400 for the build, minus the monitors & windows, sure I could. But with it that likes only $220 for a gaming PC. With that amount of cash, you are looking at a very sluggish HTPC, not even anywhere close to playing much of any games at all.

m
0
l
Related resources
November 24, 2012 11:33:21 AM

BreadWhistle said:
Oh my... that is.... much less than a desirable PC to even think about using. This is what I have whipped together for you...

As a matter of fact, I can't whip anything up for you as your budget is WAY to low. If it was $400 for the build, minus the monitors & windows, sure I could. But with it that likes only $220 for a gaming PC. With that amount of cash, you are looking at a very sluggish HTPC, not even anywhere close to playing much of any games at all.


if the OS is removed, what do you recommend i get?
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 11:52:35 AM

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pdfX

If you want the monitor in your build, just don't crossfire the 7660D with the 6770. Getting rid of the extra video card should leave enough money left for your budget.
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 12:02:29 PM

BreadWhistle said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pd2D

If you want the monitor in your build, just don't crossfire the 7660D with the 6770. Getting rid of the extra video card should leave enough money left for your budget.


I don't have my own monitor at the moment. I just have a laptop, so I need a monitor in the build, so what should i do to keep the build at 400 with the monitor included?
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 12:08:31 PM

It really doesn't matter. If you CF the APU & the 6670, you are only looking at a ~20% gain performance wise.
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 12:31:39 PM

BreadWhistle said:
It really doesn't matter. If you CF the APU & the 6670, you are only looking at a ~20% gain performance wise.

so what parts should i get including the monitor for under or at $400?
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 12:34:08 PM

The same... Just don't get the 6670.
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 1:32:03 PM

BreadWhistle said:
The same... Just don't get the 6670.

this is what I have so far. Anyway to drop the price a little to try to get it close to $400?

m
0
l
November 24, 2012 1:41:49 PM

BTW, you are doing your BBCode wrong. You have to place something between the ] and [ like Your Build or just post the link, as it's easier.
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 1:45:04 PM

^^ You don't need a sound card. Drop that.

Get rid of the PoS Logisys PSU, replace it with a CX430

Then get rid of the 6670, like I've said numerous times, and you should be right around on budget.
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 1:57:30 PM

BreadWhistle said:
^^ You don't need a sound card. Drop that.

Get rid of the PoS Logisys PSU, replace it with a CX430

Then get rid of the 6670, like I've said numerous times, and you should be right around on budget.


I did everything you said and now i have this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pdL3
Is there anyway I could get a video card in there and keep it around $450?
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 2:19:00 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G850 2.9GHz Dual-Core Processor ($70.05 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Biostar H61MGC Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital RE2 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.40 @ Compuvest)
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: Hannspree HL193ABB 18.5" Monitor ($79.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $394.37
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-24 11:28 EST-0500)
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 24, 2012 2:26:41 PM

BreadWhistle, keep something in mind... the A10 is actually a decent graphics card mixed with a cpu. If you pair it with very fast ram, it'll actually perform as well as the sorts of discrete cards you'd be using anyways.
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 2:30:15 PM

I, myself would just go without a video card, as you listed above ^^^

Then save up some cash and by a 7850 or a GTX 650ti
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 2:31:18 PM

DarkSable said:
BreadWhistle, keep something in mind... the A10 is actually a decent graphics card mixed with a cpu. If you pair it with very fast ram, it'll actually perform as well as the sorts of discrete cards you'd be using anyways.


I know, but he is on a terribly tight budget, so I just thought I'd just use regular spec'd memory.
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 2:45:56 PM

BreadWhistle said:
I know, but he is on a terribly tight budget, so I just thought I'd just use regular spec'd memory.


I know that i should save my money in order to get a better video card, but what is a cheap and decent video card that I could use for a while until i have enough money for a better video card?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pdTt
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 2:48:14 PM

The integrated video in the A10 5800K is pretty good actually.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 24, 2012 2:59:35 PM

Yep, that's what I was trying to tell you, but I got the names mixed up. :p  The A10 will serve your needs as long as it has to - IT is your cheap and decent video card.
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 3:56:01 PM

DarkSable said:
Yep, that's what I was trying to tell you, but I got the names mixed up. :p  The A10 will serve your needs as long as it has to - IT is your cheap and decent video card.


How does the PC specs made by milkshakez7z look to you? what do you think it is capable of running?
m
0
l
November 25, 2012 12:24:55 AM

Fwizzle said:
How does the PC specs made by milkshakez7z look to you? what do you think it is capable of running?

It will run anything you throw at it really, BF3 multiplayer is the only thing it won't run, If you spent a little more on a 7770 you could get even better performance, also get the monitor with the 5ms respose time, DO NOT get the 16ms one, the few dollars extra are worth it.
m
0
l
November 25, 2012 12:28:52 AM

milkshakez7z said:
It will run anything you throw at it really, BF3 multiplayer is the only thing it won't run, If you spent a little more on a 7770 you could get even better performance, also get the monitor with the 5ms respose time, DO NOT get the 16ms one, the few dollars extra are worth it.

thanks for the advice
m
0
l
November 25, 2012 12:32:55 AM

Fwizzle said:
thanks for the advice

No worries , any questions just ask ^_^
m
0
l
November 25, 2012 12:47:32 AM

milkshakez7z said:
No worries , any questions just ask ^_^

Well i got a question. I've been working on the perfect pc for my budget. I only want to spend $400 in total. This is the build I have so far http://pcpartpicker.com/p/piML I have $20 left over. What should I improve to make the PC better?
m
0
l
November 25, 2012 12:50:46 AM

Fwizzle said:
Well i got a question. I've been working on the perfect pc for my budget. I only want to spend $400 in total. This is the build I have so far http://pcpartpicker.com/p/piML I have $20 left over. What should I improve to make the PC better?

get this one, its faster in every way.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pe0M
m
0
l
November 25, 2012 1:06:14 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G645 2.9GHz Dual-Core Processor ($49.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Biostar H61MGC Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital RE2 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.40 @ Compuvest)
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec 350W ATX12V Power Supply ($23.17 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: Hannspree HL193ABB 18.5" Monitor ($79.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $397.48
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-24 22:11 EST-0500)
m
0
l
November 25, 2012 1:20:12 AM

If you ask me you shouldn't really even be trying to buy a PC on this budget
m
0
l
November 25, 2012 1:28:24 AM

BreadWhistle said:
If you ask me you shouldn't really even be trying to buy a PC on this budget

Yeah I kinda agree, You need at least $450 and that's not including a monitor, to build something good, but this is what OP asked for.
m
0
l
November 25, 2012 2:03:56 AM

milkshakez7z said:
Yeah I kinda agree, You need at least $450 and that's not including a monitor, to build something good, but this is what OP asked for.

I understand that it would be more ideal to have a larger budget, but i do not. I feel like the build I have right now gives me the most bang for my buck. Let me know how I can improve my current build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pe0M
m
0
l
!