8500GT Overheat

Hello all i got issue of overheating with my old 8500GT. In idle it uses 88C to 91C :ouch: I installed CPU-Z,MSI Afterburner,MSI Kombustor to see more details. I can't even set fan speed so i can't cool my GPU.. Ok here is the picture that will explain it all http://i50.tinypic.com/34eyd5e.jpg and also when i enter MSI Kombustor to benchmark Temp goes up to 113C and i fastly i could exited benchmark so i don't fry my GPU.. Please help
8 answers Last reply
More about 8500gt overheat
  1. The heatsink on the card might just be full of dust.
  2. EDIT: My CPU always change his voltage from 1.152V to 1.344V and also changes from 2.66GHz to 3.8GHz rapidly..
  3. Are you overclocking at all? Check your GPU as someone else said and see if it's full of dust
  4. What program i need to install so i can see fps,gpu temp, gpu mb load? I installed MSI Afterburner but it doesn't show that also with HFW32 and RivaTuner so what you suggest? Easy software and accurate so i don't need to change some settings to get it working. Thanks :)
  5. I got Fraps but not Gpu-z. Gpu-z only shows outside of game, the thing i need is that i can see fps,gpu load,gpu MB load all in one when gaming.
  6. gpu-z can make a log file and those little graphs it shows covers like last 30 seconds or so, also if you click on the reading it will cycle between min/max/average/current values

but all of this is a bit off topic if the card idles at 90c... just open the case and see if there is dust on the darn card...
  7. Despot96 said:
    Hello all i got issue of overheating with my old 8500GT. In idle it uses 88C to 91C :ouch: I installed CPU-Z,MSI Afterburner,MSI Kombustor to see more details. I can't even set fan speed so i can't cool my GPU.. Ok here is the picture that will explain it all http://i50.tinypic.com/34eyd5e.jpg and also when i enter MSI Kombustor to benchmark Temp goes up to 113C and i fastly i could exited benchmark so i don't fry my GPU.. Please help

You need to re-apply thermal compound. T

he 8500gt is olddddddd. I remember when I still had my 9800gt back in 09.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overheat Benchmark Graphics MSI-Microstar