The Werewolf: The Forsaken free demo is up for download.

Stephenls wrote:
> In case anybody is interested.
>
> http://download.white-wolf.com/download/download.php?file_id=352
>
> Since that leads to a big ol' .pfd, you're going to want to
> right-click-save-as.

... which won't work with most browsers, since that's PHP and not
actually the URL of the file. (^_^)
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]
Richard Clayton

Richard Clayton wrote:

> ... which won't work with most browsers, since that's PHP and not
> actually the URL of the file. (^_^)

It works for Mozilla.

Except for the fact that it /doesn't/ work right now, because WW's
servers are overloaded.

And I am unable to determine the URL of the actual file.

Did you ever download the VtR demo, Richard?
--
Stephenls
Geek

Stephenls wrote:
> Richard Clayton wrote:
>
>> ... which won't work with most browsers, since that's PHP and not
>> actually the URL of the file. (^_^)
>

> It works for Mozilla.

Doesn't for Firefox.

> Except for the fact that it /doesn't/ work right now, because WW's
> servers are overloaded.
>
> And I am unable to determine the URL of the actual file.
>
> Did you ever download the VtR demo, Richard?

I do not remember. If I did, I did not read it. I really should.
Although I'm not sure where I could squeeze it in. If I did run a third
game right now, it would probably be something low-maintenance, like
kill puppies for satan.
--

Richard Clayton wrote:

> Doesn't for Firefox.

That's pretty stupid. Firefox is supposed to be Mozilla Browser Plus,
innit?

> I do not remember. If I did, I did not read it. I really should.
> Although I'm not sure where I could squeeze it in. If I did run a third
> game right now, it would probably be something low-maintenance, like
> kill puppies for satan.

I think you should read it, if only to get some rudimentary
understanding of how the nWoD looks.
--

Le Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:27:21 -0800, Stephenls a écrit :

> Richard Clayton wrote:
>
>> Doesn't for Firefox.
>
> That's pretty stupid. Firefox is supposed to be Mozilla Browser Plus,
> innit?

It had worked a few hours ago for me with Firefox for linux. Now I have an
error : "File id '352' not found in database."

zyglotron wrote:

> It had worked a few hours ago for me with Firefox for linux. Now I have an
> error : "File id '352' not found in database."

Ah.

Yeah. Server load. They took it down.

Anybody wants me to email it to them, just ask. It's about four megs.
--

Stephenls wrote:

> Ah.

> Yeah. Server load. They took it down.

> Anybody wants me to email it to them, just ask. It's about four megs.

It's being mirrored here, if anyone is interested:

http://abyssofthetendrils.tripod.com/wtfdemopt1.pdf
--

Stephenls wrote:
> Richard Clayton wrote:
>
>> Doesn't for Firefox.
>
> That's pretty stupid. Firefox is supposed to be Mozilla Browser Plus,
> innit?

Sorta. Firefox is the platform on which new browser code is tested
before it's implemented in Mozilla.
It also might have failed to work because the link was, indeed, down
when I tried to access it.

>> I do not remember. If I did, I did not read it. I really should.
>> Although I'm not sure where I could squeeze it in. If I did run a
>> third game right now, it would probably be something low-maintenance,
>> like kill puppies for satan.
>
> I think you should read it, if only to get some rudimentary
> understanding of how the nWoD looks.

Then I shall try to do so this week, in between travel and my other
reading.
--

In the borning days of the third millennium, Richard Clayton wrote:
> Sorta. Firefox is the platform on which new browser code is tested
>before it's implemented in Mozilla.

I don't believe this is correct. Firefox is only the browser part of Mozilla.
Thunderbird is only the email/newsreader part. Sunbird is only the calendar
part.

Firefox uses the Gecko rendering engine that is part of Mozilla. However,
Firefox updates tend to run about a week behind Gecko updates. The
development versions are usually the nightly builds of the source code. They
don't release the code until it's been thrashed around by a million geeks for
a while.

--
Brian Merchant (remove 'remove' and 'example' from email)

Puritanism didn't keep the puritans from sinning, it just kept
them from enjoying it.
--Father Joe Breighner
Country Roads

Brian Merchant wrote:
> In the borning days of the third millennium, Richard Clayton wrote:
>
>> Sorta. Firefox is the platform on which new browser code is tested
>>before it's implemented in Mozilla.
>

> I don't believe this is correct. Firefox is only the browser part of Mozilla.
> Thunderbird is only the email/newsreader part. Sunbird is only the calendar
> part.
>
> Firefox uses the Gecko rendering engine that is part of Mozilla. However,
> Firefox updates tend to run about a week behind Gecko updates. The
> development versions are usually the nightly builds of the source code. They
> don't release the code until it's been thrashed around by a million geeks for
> a while.

Actually, you are right. My above definition is out of date and has
been for some time. It would have been more accurate to say that Firefox
doesn't use exactly the same engine as Mozilla, as implied by
Stephenls's post, though code from Firefox has been imported to Mozilla
in the past.