What do you think of this build?

ASUS GeForce GTX 660

ASUS Sabertooth Z77

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4Ghz

Cosair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 PC3-12800 CL9

Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

Thermaltake Chaser MK-I FullTower Black

Corsair Gaming Series GS600 - 600W 140 mm

I put together this build based on quality for the money. (I'm 15 so my budget is around 1000-1200$) you are welcome to give me advice or recommend other hardware :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old PC specs:

Intel Core i5 760 2.8Ghz

2x4GB RAM made by some manufacturer i don't know.

Nvidia Geforce GT 430

Intel DP55WB motherboard

And the case only has one fan in the back which is the reason i'm buying a new one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you think there's anything on my old PC that's usable on the new one?
7 answers Last reply
More about what build
  1. RAM still looks usable to me.

Get the 7870 instead for a GPU. Same price as the 660, but way better performance.

The ASUS Sabertooth is an overpriced gimmick. It's basically the P8Z77-V PRO and ASRock z77 Extreme6 in terms of features minus the thermal armor that does more harm than good. Get either of those instead and pour the saved money onto a better GPU.

Get the WD Caviar Blue 1TB instead, Samsung Spinpoint isn't the same as before. They're basically rebranded Seagates, sometimes you can even take off the top sticker and see a Seagate sticker beneath. :lol:
  2. Thanks for the reply. I think i'm going for the 660 because the prices are equal where i live, and because of PhysX.

But you made a good point about the motherboard and the drive. Thanks for the help! :D
  3. gespe said:
    Thanks for the reply. I think i'm going for the 660 because the prices are equal where i live, and because of PhysX.

But you made a good point about the motherboard and the drive. Thanks for the help! :D

Perhaps with the saved money you can get the 660ti.
  4. I would go with the 7870. Performs better than the 660, and PhysX isn't used in all that many games. But, both are great, and you can't go wrong with either.
  5. ^+1
  6. Where i live the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO is priced about the same as the Sabertooth model.
    I really like the design of the Sabertooth, though i really don't know any of the technical differences between the two boards.

Anyone that can help me decide?
  7. And im also going for the Asus 660 Ti because of the price/performance relative to the 670, and the fact that i'm an Nvidia fan ^^
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems