Trying not to kill this one....

dcole_82

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
So I just purchased a Cyberpower PC from newegg during the black friday sale.. This will be my first gaming pc, I know its not much but for the time being all i play is WoW, and steam games.. My question is software, I have never worried about temperature monitoring or any other like software, as all i have ever had are HPs and I just installed the full Webroot Suite and considered it good.. So with my new investment is there anything I should be looking into, whether it be software or monitoring, or anything like that I should be thinking about? I know my question is a little broad, but please go easy im kind of a novice here. Thank you in advance for any advice offered. I posted my specs below.

General Spec
Brand
CyberpowerPC
Model
Gamer Xtreme 1347
Type
Gaming & Entertainment
Processor
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4 Ghz
Processor Main Features
64 bit Quad-Core Processor
Cache Per Processor
6MB L3 Cache
Memory
8GB DDR3 1333
Hard Drive
1TB SATAIII 7200RPM
Optical Drive 1
24x DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GT 620 2GB
Audio
Sound card - Integrated
Ethernet
Gigabit Ethernet
Power Supply
700W
Operating System
Windows 8 64 bit
Special Features
AZZA EOS 204 Gaming Case

Motherboard
Chipset
Intel B75

CPU
CPU Type
Intel Core i5
CPU Speed
3570k(3.40GHz)
L3 Cache Per CPU
8MB
CPU Socket Type
LGA 1155
CPU Main Features
64 bit Quad-Core Processor
Max Turbo Frequency 3.8 GHz

Graphics
GPU/VPU Type
Nvidia Geforce GT 620 2GB

Memory
Memory Capacity
8GB DDR3
Memory Speed
DDR3 1333
Memory Spec
4GB x 2
Memory Slot (Total)
Memory Slot (Available)
Maximum Memory Supported
32GB

Hard Drive
HDD Capacity
1TB
HDD Interface
SATA III
HDD RPM
7200rpm

Optical Drive
Optical Drive Type
DVD±RW
Optical Drive Spec
24x DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive

Audio
Audio Channels
7.1 Ch Audio

Communications
LAN Speed
10/100/1000Mbps

Front Panel Ports
Front USB
2 x USB 2.0

Back Panel Ports
PS/2
Video Ports
1 VGA, 1 DVI, 1 HDMI
Rear USB
4 x USB 2.0
2 x USB 3.0
RJ45
1 port

Expansion
PCI Slots (Available/Total)
1 x PCI-e x16 (No Available)
1 x PCI-e x1 ( Available )
1 x PCI (Available)

Mouse
Mouse Type
USB Gaming Mouse

Keyboard
Keyboard Type
USB Gaming Keyboard

Bigshmeak

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
I also just bought this, If anyone knows stuff about maintaning it, or upgrading it as well, please let me know, in the future I plan to upgrade RAM/Memory card to a AMD Radeon HD 7770 2gb

in the PCI-e x16 it didn't say if it was 2.0 or 3.0, god I hope its 3.0 kuz if not i'm fucked.

THANKS

dcole_82

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Ill say one thing about our computer...Im not a big fan of windows 8 so far...its confusing as hell. Also the GPU is going to need to be replaced quickly..other then that all is well..what security software do you use Bigshmeak?

m3incorp999

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I bought this same computer for my 12 year old son on the Black Friday Special to give as a Christmas present. I build my own computers but it would be super hard to build one around the Intel i5-3570k and beat the $600 price this one sold for.

A couple things to note is that there are two items that are in need of replacing as soon as you get the chance/ money. The first is the power supply. The one that comes with the system isn't that great. I would recommend something like Corsair, Antec, PC Power and Cooling, etc. Why do I suggest the Power Supply first, because the next thing you will want to replace is the Video Card and upgrade to a better one if you decide to play any graphics intensive games. A better card puts more of a draw on the power supply.

Suggestions:

HARDWARE

A good Wireless Card if you are not connected via Ethernet. I use the TP Link Wireless N Dual PCIe 450Mbps.

TP-Link Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter with 3 x 2dBi Antenna (TL-WDN4800)

Up to 32GB DDR3 RAM, Not necessary but you can't go wrong as long as you buy good RAM. Windows 8 and Win 7 both can take advantage of more RAM.

A good router if you don't already have one.

SOFTWARE

Belarc Advisor or Everest Computer diagnostics. Software that will give you a print out of all components and software on your computer to include serial numbers and product activation codes. (Could come in handy one day)

A good Antivirus of your choice. I use Norton 360, good prices can be found like $35 for 3 computers.

Fox One Utility. I haven't checked which Motherboard is in the computer but Fox One Utility monitors all cores of the CPU, Freq, Voltage and Fans.

Bigshmeak: You can rest easily. The 3.0 PCIe-e slots and video cards are 3.0 are backward compatible to 2.0 and there is no performance loss since there are CURRENTLY No CPU's on the market that can fully utilize 3.0. They will be in the near future, but of course you would then have to upgrade CPUs. 3.0 is the future.

m3incorp999

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I forgot to add above that the motherboard is the MSI B75MA-P45 and it is 3.0 on the PCIe x16 slot and 2.0 on the others. I called CyberPC to get the motherboard model and then MSI to get the specs.