Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can I Increase the Resolution on my AMD Radeon HD 7770?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 30, 2012 10:19:03 PM

I just bought a new Dell with an AMD Radeon HD 7770. I am not overwhelmed with the difference between my old PC and this. I thought I was getting a high-end video card. I had 1600 x 1200 resolution on my old one, so I sort of feel like I over-paid.

Is there any way I can improve the resolution on this card? I don't do any gaming, but I was hoping the visual display would be better.

I have a Samsung 2ms 27" monitor.
September 30, 2012 10:22:12 PM

jcman01 said:
I just bought a new Dell with an AMD Radeon HD 7770. I am not overwhelmed with the difference between my old PC and this. I thought I was getting a high-end video card. I had 1600 x 1200 resolution on my old one, so I sort of feel like I over-paid.

Is there any way I can improve the resolution on this card? I don't do any gaming, but I was hoping the visual display would be better.

I have a Samsung 2ms 27" monitor.

Your max resolution is set by your monitor, not the graphics card...so no even with a 99999999 dollar card, you would still be outputting at 1600x1200 if that's the monitor output...
m
0
l
September 30, 2012 10:24:20 PM

Why did you think you were getting a high end video card when you only paid $100-150 for it? That's the budget video card range.

What resolution are you using now (that monitor should do at least 1080p if it's a modern 27" monitor)? What is your monitor model? What do you mean when you say that you "hoped the visual display would be better"?
m
0
l
Related resources
September 30, 2012 10:28:27 PM

My monitor is a Samsung P2770H. I guess for me the card is high-end since I've never splurged on one. But I guess it isn't, relatively speaking.
m
0
l
September 30, 2012 10:33:10 PM

That's interesting because that's a 1080p monitor, so you can't output 1600x1200...

Also, please note that 1080p at low and 1080p at ultra have the same resolution, but that doesn't mean that it looks the same. So your old computer might have been playing low/med and now you can play high on most games at 1080p, that's the difference you'll see.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
September 30, 2012 10:35:29 PM

well it says here http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/office/monitors/lcd/...
that P2770H has '1920 x 1080 Display Resolution'
so you can't go higher than that... and you really shouldn't use 1600*1200 res anyways

and as others have said already this has nothing to do with the craphics card. (the card itself supports way higher resolutions)
m
0
l
September 30, 2012 10:38:31 PM

Kari said:
well it says here http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/office/monitors/lcd/...
that P2770H has '1920 x 1080 Display Resolution'
so you can't go higher than that... and you really shouldn't use 1600*1200 res anyways

and as others have said already this has nothing to do with the craphics card. (the card itself supports way higher resolutions)



I am going through my monitor settings now, and I don't see where I can change it from 1600x1200. I don't see the option on this tedious menuing system.
m
0
l
September 30, 2012 10:40:55 PM

You change the setting from your desktop. If you're in Windows 7, right click anywhere on your desktop --> screen resolution --> set it to whatever you want (it will most likely only show you supported resolutions)

What is making you think you're at 1600x1200? That monitor can't display 1600x1200.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
September 30, 2012 10:50:53 PM

BigMack70 said:

What is making you think you're at 1600x1200? That monitor can't display 1600x1200.

it could scale it to fit the screen I suppose... would be blurry though
and unlikely
m
0
l
!