I've noticed when trying to sort out what pre built computer
they very conveniently forge to mention exactly what mother
board is being used.

Thanks in advance,
Paul aka Pkw
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 148 V Motherboard
November 24, 2012 3:24:56 PM

If you open the case and look, the motherboard model number is usually printed somewhere on the board.

-Wolf sends
November 24, 2012 6:11:09 PM

Wolfshadw said:
If you open the case and look, the motherboard model number is usually printed somewhere on the board.

-Wolf sends

Hello Wolf,
Thank you for reply.
I guess you misunderstood my question.
I want to know what main board "before" I buy it.
As I wrote, most, if not all Vendors refuse to
disclose what main board is being used to arrive
at their price.

cheers
pkw
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 148 V Motherboard
November 24, 2012 7:17:31 PM

It's been my experience that pre-built systems often use a lighter variant of one of their main boards. Newegg lists the system as having the H77 chipset and ASUS only lists four H77 motherboards. I would assume the motherboard in this system would probably be a variant of one of their lower cost motherboards. Given it's configuration, I'd guess it's a variant of the ASUS P8H77-M Pro without the displayport, optical audio and e-SATA ports.

-Wolf sends
November 24, 2012 7:50:25 PM

Wolfshadw said:
It's been my experience that pre-built systems often use a lighter variant of one of their main boards. Newegg lists the system as having the H77 chipset and ASUS only lists four H77 motherboards. I would assume the motherboard in this system would probably be a variant of one of their lower cost motherboards. Given it's configuration, I'd guess it's a variant of the ASUS P8H77-M Pro without the displayport, optical audio and e-SATA ports.

-Wolf sends

Than you very much, that is most helpful.

Best regards,
Paul aka Pkw
March 11, 2013 1:25:16 PM

Pkw said:
Wolfshadw said:

-Wolf sends

Than you very much, that is most helpful.

Best regards,
Paul aka Pkw

Paul (aka Pkw),

I purchased the ASUS CM6870-US012S and have had it for a few weeks now. It's a nice system so far. I checked all the H77 / Socket 1155 motherboards on the ASUS site and visually compared them with the mobo in my system. The candidates are: P8H77-V, P8H77-V LE, , P8H77-I, P8H77-M, P8H77-M LE, and P8H77-M PRO.

Based on the DIMM and I/O slots, they *only* one it can be is the , P8H77-M PRO. This is confirmed by some silk screening on the mobo that reads: KCC-REM-MSQ-P8H77-MPRODP.

So, this confirms the info that Wolf provided earlier.

Good luck
-- Joe
!