Asus cm6870 Computer - what m board

Hi all,
Does anyone know what Asus mother board model is
in the Asus CM6870 prebuilt Computer?
The specs list quite a few features but they do NOT mention what
model of mother board the nice i7 Intel processor sits on,
I've noticed when trying to sort out what pre built computer
they very conveniently forge to mention exactly what mother
board is being used.

Thanks in advance,
Paul aka Pkw
5 answers Last reply
More about asus cm6870 computer board
  1. If you open the case and look, the motherboard model number is usually printed somewhere on the board.

    -Wolf sends
  2. Wolfshadw said:
    If you open the case and look, the motherboard model number is usually printed somewhere on the board.

    -Wolf sends


    Hello Wolf,
    Thank you for reply.
    I guess you misunderstood my question.
    I want to know what main board "before" I buy it.
    As I wrote, most, if not all Vendors refuse to
    disclose what main board is being used to arrive
    at their price.


    cheers
    pkw
  3. It's been my experience that pre-built systems often use a lighter variant of one of their main boards. Newegg lists the system as having the H77 chipset and ASUS only lists four H77 motherboards. I would assume the motherboard in this system would probably be a variant of one of their lower cost motherboards. Given it's configuration, I'd guess it's a variant of the ASUS P8H77-M Pro without the displayport, optical audio and e-SATA ports.

    -Wolf sends
  4. Wolfshadw said:
    It's been my experience that pre-built systems often use a lighter variant of one of their main boards. Newegg lists the system as having the H77 chipset and ASUS only lists four H77 motherboards. I would assume the motherboard in this system would probably be a variant of one of their lower cost motherboards. Given it's configuration, I'd guess it's a variant of the ASUS P8H77-M Pro without the displayport, optical audio and e-SATA ports.

    -Wolf sends


    Than you very much, that is most helpful.

    Best regards,
    Paul aka Pkw
  5. Pkw said:
    Wolfshadw said:
    It's been my experience that pre-built systems often use a lighter variant of one of their main boards. Newegg lists the system as having the H77 chipset and ASUS only lists four H77 motherboards. I would assume the motherboard in this system would probably be a variant of one of their lower cost motherboards. Given it's configuration, I'd guess it's a variant of the ASUS P8H77-M Pro without the displayport, optical audio and e-SATA ports.

    -Wolf sends


    Than you very much, that is most helpful.

    Best regards,
    Paul aka Pkw


    Paul (aka Pkw),

    I purchased the ASUS CM6870-US012S and have had it for a few weeks now. It's a nice system so far. I checked all the H77 / Socket 1155 motherboards on the ASUS site and visually compared them with the mobo in my system. The candidates are: P8H77-V, P8H77-V LE, , P8H77-I, P8H77-M, P8H77-M LE, and P8H77-M PRO.

    Based on the DIMM and I/O slots, they *only* one it can be is the , P8H77-M PRO. This is confirmed by some silk screening on the mobo that reads: KCC-REM-MSQ-P8H77-MPRODP.

    So, this confirms the info that Wolf provided earlier.

    Good luck
    -- Joe
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Asus Computer Motherboards Systems Product