Sign in with
Your question
Solved

So how crappy is this thing/Should I even bother

Last response: in Systems
November 24, 2012 2:55:11 PM

All I really want it to run is Minecraft, Terraria, and maybe Morrowind or Garry's mod.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products...

Operating system
Windows 8 64
Processor
3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M (2.4 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics
Memory
4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
Memory Slots
2 DIMM
Hard drive
500GB 5400RPM Hard Drive

OR am I being dumb and should I just build a PC myself instead? I'm just kinda nervous that I'll screw it up because I've never built one before. I DO know all the parts of a computer and what they do though - so it's not like I'm soccer-mom level of knowledge here. My friend said building a computer is like legos and somehow I doubt that. I'm tempted to just steal a suggested build off here lol.

More about : crappy thing bother

Best solution

November 24, 2012 3:10:51 PM

Laptops period are going to struggle with any sort of gaming. A prebuilt desktop would be slightly better.

He's actually pretty accurate - building a computer is fairly easy. Take 30 minutes to watch a youtube video (NCIX's is amazing, but newegg's has more steps), then take as much time as you need (it'll likely be about an hour and a half for a first build) to follow along with the video, pausing to complete each step.

You'll be done before you know it, it'll be cheaper, better performing, and fun!
November 24, 2012 3:11:05 PM

You should build your own.
m
l
Related resources
November 24, 2012 4:15:49 PM

Best answer selected by CaramelCrumbles.
m
l
November 24, 2012 4:16:33 PM

Thanks guys, that's probably what I'll do. I didn't know that were step-by-step tutorials on Youtube. That'll make it a lot easier.
m
l
November 24, 2012 11:43:45 PM

Yep. That's how I built my first rig. Then I looked at it, went "that was easy," and have been making case mods and watercooling to give myself more challenge ever since.
m
l
!