Sensor dust and ?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
March 30, 2005 12:40:30 AM

What can cause this hexagon shaped thing?
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417395 Here's a better view
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417394

And I'm assuming my sensor is pretty filthy ?
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417396

On a brighter note, my camera is picking up colors perfectly
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417398
--
Slack

More about : sensor dust

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 1:52:30 AM

"Slack" <slacker7_REMOVE_THIS@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> What can cause this hexagon shaped thing?
> http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417395 Here's a better view
> http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417394

Lens flare...try either a lens shade, or hold your hand out over the lens to
flag off the sun.

> And I'm assuming my sensor is pretty filthy ?
> http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417396

Probably dust on the sensor.

> On a brighter note, my camera is picking up colors perfectly
> http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417398

Most vibrant image of highliters I've ever seen.
March 30, 2005 1:09:26 PM

Slack wrote:

> What can cause this hexagon shaped thing?
> http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417395 Here's a better view
> http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417394

Looks like simple lens flare to me. You had light from teh sun falling
on the lens (without necc. being in the image). Use your hand, grey
card or umbrella as a lens shade when taking such images. Alternately,
just make the flare (and sun) part of the image:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/37709986

> And I'm assuming my sensor is pretty filthy ?
> http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417396

Don't sweat it unless you take a lot of bright, even scenes with small
apertures.

Cheers,
Alan.

March 30, 2005 1:10:34 PM

Jeremy Nixon wrote:

> Slack <slacker7_REMOVE_THIS@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>>What can cause this hexagon shaped thing?
>>http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417395 Here's a better view
>>http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417394
>

> Flare. Use a lens hood.

Often need more than many hoods provide, esp. at wide angle. Use hand,
grey card, umbrella... etc. to block.

March 30, 2005 6:21:58 PM

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:09:26 -0500, Alan Browne
<alan.browne@freelunchVideotron.ca> wrote:

>Looks like simple lens flare to me. You had light from teh sun falling
>on the lens (without necc. being in the image). Use your hand, grey
>card or umbrella as a lens shade when taking such images. Alternately,
>just make the flare (and sun) part of the image:
>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/37709986

Have you tried a similar shot with the 7D yet?

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

Slack wrote:

> What can cause this hexagon shaped thing?
> http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417395 Here's a better view
> http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417394

I think that I would phone home about that - lens flair

> And I'm assuming my sensor is pretty filthy ?
> http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417396

yep

!