Sign in with
Your question

Best sound card?

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
November 26, 2001 3:44:02 AM

I've been hearing a lot about the Santa Cruz, the Hercules XP, and the Audigy. I am building a new comp and I need a good sound card for music listening and gaming. What is the best to get?

More about : sound card

November 26, 2001 6:56:49 PM

Depends on what you want in the card.
Need plenty of connectors? Get the Game Theater XP
Need Advanced HD? Get the Audigy
Need the lowest price? Get the Santa Cruz

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
November 26, 2001 7:06:49 PM

Quote:
Need Advanced HD? Get the Audigy

I'm curious..do any programs even make use of EAX advanced HD yet? I don't believe so.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
Related resources
November 26, 2001 7:33:19 PM

Hmm...I'm not sure about that. It's a gaming Godsend though, I'll tell you that.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
November 27, 2001 1:29:37 AM

You will need it in the future since Creative lab have the largest market share so it will be supported in the future.
Sound card usually last pretty long Live have been around for about 4 years before Audigy come out.
November 27, 2001 8:39:00 AM

The Aureal Vortex2 SQ2500 is a great soundcard, the Superquad version is available at compgeeks.com for only $14! A3D should stick around for at least another year on most new games, and A3D 2.0 is far better than EAX for positional audio. They also have a hardware equalizer built in (with a software interface), a handy feature that can enrich your experience with no loss of performance (ulike software solutions).

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
!