Nokia 6230 and ringtones per contact

Hello.

Is it possible to use more than 5 (only 5 groups) different ringtones
for contacts? I would like to have about 12 different ringtones for my
very best friends?

Thank's

Jannar.
7 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6230 ringtones contact

    also sprach Jannar Molden <janna.molden@foobar.com> [2004.12.25.1219 +0100]:
    > Is it possible to use more than 5 (only 5 groups) different ringtones
    > for contacts? I would like to have about 12 different ringtones for my
    > very best friends?

    Although it's questionable how more than one can be your best
    friend, unfortunately, the 6230 does not allow you to use more than
    5 different ring tones. I would love (!) to be proven wrong!

    --
    martin; (greetings from the heart of the sun.)
    \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck

    invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
    spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net

    martin f krafft <alt.cellular.nokia@usenet.madduck.net> wrote in

    > also sprach Jannar Molden <janna.molden@foobar.com> [2004.12.25.1219
    > +0100]:
    >> Is it possible to use more than 5 (only 5 groups) different ringtones
    >> for contacts? I would like to have about 12 different ringtones for
    >> my very best friends?
    >
    > Although it's questionable how more than one can be your best
    > friend, unfortunately, the 6230 does not allow you to use more than
    > 5 different ring tones. I would love (!) to be proven wrong!

    Hmmm... "best" does imply singular, as it is a superlative.
    qv. 'greatest hits'... they're all the greatest?

    Anyway, enough of this tautology.... martin is correct: there are only 5
    caller-groups. One ringtone per 'type' of caller, rather than individual
    callers.

    --
    sA

    Bit of a bugger, really. Just having 5 groups.
    Even the 3200, 6600 and 3650 one can assign a different tone to EACH caller.

    Maybe Nokia will release a fix for this with a later software release??
    Doubtful, but would be nice.

    also sprach Kevin I Chapple <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> [2004.12.27.0214 +0100]:
    > Maybe Nokia will release a fix for this with a later software
    > release?? Doubtful, but would be nice.

    You have to consider that Nokia does not care about the 6230
    anymore, really. It's out and they have sold most of the ones they
    are ever going to sell, so why waste resources?

    That's the problem with cell phone manufacturers... they produce one
    model after the other, with more useless features and braindead
    usability, but they have no concept of customer support or even
    listening to customer desires.

    --
    martin; (greetings from the heart of the sun.)
    \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck

    invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
    spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net

    On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, at 09:09:07 [GMT +0100] (19:09:07 Monday, 27 December
    2004 where I live) "martin f krafft" wrote:

    > You have to consider that Nokia does not care about the 6230
    > anymore, really. It's out and they have sold most of the ones they
    > are ever going to sell, so why waste resources?

    Well they have just released a further firmware upgrade for the 6230.

    Mentioned earlier in this ng.

    --
    A seminar on Time Travel will be held two weeks ago.

    How do you make you own ringtones. Meaning if I have a clip of a song I
    like on my home computer, how do you I get my 6230 to use it as a ringtone?

    Thanks
    John

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 03:37:23 GMT, JVM <wooffer@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    >How do you make you own ringtones. Meaning if I have a clip of a song I
    >like on my home computer, how do you I get my 6230 to use it as a ringtone?

    If the clip is already in MP3 format you just need to transfer it to
    the phone and assign it as a ringtone using the 'Tones' menu in the
    phone.

    Chris

Nokia