Front Audio and Microphone ports not working?

nebulashadow

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I posted here. I built a gaming computer a while back, specs listed below, and for some reason to front ports for headphones and microphones only work when I push on them. I insert the headphone/mic completely into the jack, but if I am not pushing hard on them, the pc doesn't register that they are there. I didn't do anything wrong when building it, so I am not sure what the issue is. Also, I have tried the headsets on my laptop, and they work fine there, so that isn't the issue. It is virtually impossible to push down on them while gaming, so it is just a problem that needs to be fixed. Thanks for any help.

PC specs:
-Rosewill Challenger U3 case
-Asus DVD drive
-Seagate Barracude 2 TB hard drive
-Gigabyte 970A motherboard
- AMD 8150 Zambezi 8-core cpu
- 8 GB Red Ripjaws RAM
-950w PSU
-MSI 660TI PE Graphics Card

Solution
The inserts could have been pushed back inside the housing/case a little? Can you open it up around there and possibly push them back up?

nebulashadow

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

Yeah, I tried that but I couldn't really get anywhere with my disc drive in the way. I will take it out for a bit, and try again. Thanks.

nebulashadow

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

I just tried it again, and it worked! I used another headphone port to push against the back of the metal casing, and bent it forward a bit more. Now, it works like a charm! Thank you so much Xatos!