Sign in with
Your question

Black screen (with sound) when i run games over hdmi

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 1, 2012 10:59:46 AM

Hello. I am having problems which i can not solve myself... i have been trying several times.

I have ATI RADEON hd 6850, 1gb. I have denon receiver and SONY bravi lcd tv KDL40e4000. My pc and tv are connected over hdmi cable. I can watch movies without any problems 5.1 channel, monitors extended... no problems at all...

connection:

pc ati card (hdmi) - denon receiver (hdmi), which is connected to tv over hdmi also

but here are the problems:

- when i turn off the system, next time i turn it on i usually need to go in catalyst center and detect and fix resolution on tv. Because it gives me black screen with 480i pop up on tv.... so i need to set it back to 1920x1080, 1080i30... if i want to set it on 1080p60, i get black screen....

- when i try to run games, i get black screen (with sound on the receiver speakers), but the sound is like 2 secs.. then it shuts down and again... it feels like something is lagging. And i do all the things, i set my lcd tv as primary monitor and all works fine, until i start game...

- when i try to listen to the music i must start tv... if i start only receiver, i get no sound (the pc does not detect sound, so i can not even enable it), when i start lcd tv, then pc detects the component and i can enable it and it plays well. Then i can turn off tv and it still works for some time, then it stops after like 1 hour... then i need to turn on tv and it works again... and still after some time it stops... (turns off, it doesnt detect sound)...

these are my problems.. please i need some help :pt1cable:  :o 

a b U Graphics card
October 1, 2012 2:50:06 PM

have u try dvi ports connection to tv and play game as well as
October 1, 2012 5:24:39 PM

Hmm... no, because i do not have dvi cable.....
!