3DMARK and Heaven Benchmark GTX 680 good results?

Hi guys! I just wonder if my results in these softwares are okay or if theres something wrong with my hardware..
I got a gtx 680 + i5 2500k clocked to 4.2.
Heaven; http://imgur.com/GST1K 1920x1080
3DMARK: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4531459 the basic edition, 1280 resolution something i think.. i could not change the settings, it wouldnt let me.
so, is this ok or is my pc underperforming?
6 answers Last reply
More about 3dmark heaven benchmark good results
  1. BigMack70 said:
    Looks normal to me

Oh, great. :P
    Any more opinions? Since I struggle in GW2 and Borderlands 2 at some points I wonder..
  2. one more question, since i max borderlands but with 40-60 fps in heavy combat (80-130 average), will i be able to max big titles like GTA V, AC3 and Far Cry 3 since they will be much newer, + borderlands graphics doesn't look that advanced. it uses physx though, i dont know.
  3. GTA will be fine. More cores = better performance being that the games are CPU dependent...

**edited grammar
  4. Your 3DMark score is right where is should be with that level system. And the games you listed should max or be near max when they release for your system
  5. BigMack70 said:
    A bold claim seeing as how the game is still 6 months to a year away from release (most likely)...

You know what I meant...

GTA games ALL tend to being CPU heavy. Rockstar has always been lazy in coding for pc and I don't see GTA V being any different.

...Either way, I do not forsee the OP having a problem running GTA V with a 2500k/GTX 680 whether the game is released tomorrow or next year.
  6. I mean 570 maxed out games since early 2007 to 2012 when Max Payne 3 was released expect like detail distance. I think gtx 680 should max out games till the consoles come but since the performance already seems to be tough I don't know.
    I got p67-c45 motherboard atm and
    650w antec power supply

I wanted to share with you guys my future buying idea;
    Early 2013; new mobo hopefully with pcie3 + 1000w power supply
    Mid 2013; Haswell processor
    early 2014: new gpu + ram (got 8 atm)

I want to max out games at all times since i am kind of a graphics nerd. How much do you think the pcie3 mobos will cost + the power supply? and a good gaming Haswell processor?
    thanks,
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Benchmark Graphics